Maroon

"How the hell did we lose sight of us again?

Sobbin' with your head in your hands

Ain't that the way shit always ends?

You were standin' hollow-eyed in the hallway

Carnations you had thought were roses, that's us" - Taylor Swift

Almost on queue, Mary struts into the office with a strong iced latte. It wasn't her first coffee of the day but she needed a reason to go into someone important office. As she walks to the door, which is already shut, she can hear him talking on the phone. Strict and stern.

"Come in," he says as Mary opens the door. Rossi spins from the wall to Mary.

"I got you coffee!" She says brightly with a large smile. Rossi's eyebrows furrow as he puts his phone down.

"Who do you want to talk about," he says as his hands stretch out to grab his warm cappuccino. With a smirk, Mary sits in the seat at his desk. If anyone knew the gossip around the office it was David Rossi. After selling his masterpiece of a book "Deviance: The Secret Desires of Sadistic Serial Killers", which had a whole chapter addressed to the fellow coworkers who changed his life and made his work easy. Mary highlighted her name and all of her accomplishments that Rossi honored her by writing.

After Gideon left, Rossi decided to come back to the BAU after a long extended break in Florida. Rossi, who was always way more friendly than Gideon came in with a hardass tactic, providing fear and arrogance with one single glance. He was still warming up and now a couple of months later, he somehow finds out all of the inner scope.

"I just wanted to know what's happening with you!" Mary said as if they would ever catch up before work. Rossi just raises an eyebrow. "Well if you REALLY wanted to know..."

"Aha!" Rossi says before letting Mary continue.

"Why is Aaron being so... distant. I mean he used to be a little comical throughout the days and now he's pin silent. I think he lives in the office," Mary says, even while the last part came out in whispers.

Rossi's relaxed posture stays as he looks at Mary, "I couldn't really tell you, I think it's a lot of home stuff. You two have always been close, you really can't get what's bothering him, out of him?"

Mary takes a deep breath. She and Aaron have been close but after the promotion and the break up she's been distant. She would hate to see a good friendship drift apart, especially when she is a door down from him.

"I'll see what I can do.." Mary says popping up from the chair she was in and walking to her office. Most wouldn't call it an office, and rather a big supply closet turned sitting area, yet it proved to everyone that she was upper management.

2001

"I heard there's a rookie coming in?" John says to Pete with a steaming hot mug in hand. There's been rumors for the past 3 weeks that the bureau is swapping people from different departments, so people shouldn't be shocked if they received a call or saw an empty desk.

Mary prayed that she would be switched into a new division, she loved working with the behavioral analysis team but old Unit Chief Charles Pointer, doesn't seem grateful for the geniusness of Marjorie and she couldn't handle the constant criticism and blame she received from him.

Yet when she arrived at work and saw Agent Jared Lilac's desk completely cleared she was positive to make this relationship work.

"What do you think A.S.? A guy or a girl?" Pete said, turning towards Mary. Her head almost snapped to the side as a smirk grew.