02

Ayden

My father called me for a family dinner just as I was planning to nap before tonight's party. Apparently, there are a lot of updates for the evening, and that's what I love most: novelty. I decide to leave my penthouse on the top floor of the building using my private elevator. As I step in, I notice that the elevator is flashing on the 12th floor. I sigh, irritated. Who dares use my elevator? Residents know full well they're not supposed to use it. It must be some poorly behaved kids. They probably think they're going to annoy me, but they'll see what's coming.

I decide to let the elevator stop just to give them a piece of my mind. When the doors open on the 12th floor, I'm surprised to see a girl in a unicorn onesie and a white crop top. This has to be a joke! Who goes out in a unicorn onesie these days? And she doesn't even have the courtesy to thank me for letting her in. What rudeness! I decide to let it slide until the elevator reaches the ground floor.

As soon as the doors open, I hear her say, "Stop staring at people like that, you pervert. We don't work for you, so be nice to your neighbors, you big jerk."

I must be dreaming! She just called me a jerk and a pervert? What a piece of work! I'm ready to respond, but she doesn't even give me a chance before leaving the elevator and shooting me a contemptuous look. Perfect for ruining my evening.

I decide to go ahead and join my father, his new girlfriend, and her daughter for dinner. As usual, the dinner is dull. My father drones on about his business, and his girlfriend's daughter keeps hitting on me, touching me at every opportunity. She doesn't get that I hate old habits. I thrive on novelty. She's disgusting.

Eventually, I decide to head to the party. It's already 1 a.m., and I need to unwind. My father's incessant talking gave me a headache. This party is exactly what I need.

POV: Claude

The girls take ages to do my makeup and hair. I'm dressed in a very short skirt with a black corset on top, and my Givenchy boots on my feet. My once-straight hair now wavy with the curling iron reaches my butt. The girls are amazing, each with their own unique style. They have mid-length curly, red hair, and they all wear form-fitting dresses. I wasn't very comfortable with the idea of wearing such a short outfit, but seeing their confidence reassures me. We head down to the building's basement, deciding that Éloïse would drive us there and back. We take her car, a pretty pink Aston Martin DB9. I choose to sit next to her in the front, and we head to the party. Once we arrive at the house, I'm struck by its size. It spans two floors with a large tower. Upon entering, I realize there are a lot of people.

"Come on, Claudia, I'll introduce you to our friends," says Sav. I decide to follow her. Lise and Bella head off to find drinks. Once with Sav, we find ourselves in front of a group of friends, lounging on large sofas, drinking and smoking.

"Okay guys, let me introduce you to my little sister, Claudia. Be nice to her, or I'll tear your eyes out," Sav jokes. "And Claude, let me introduce you to Steve, Megan, Alex, Kiara, Zayn, Vincent, and Austin, my boyfriend whom you already know. The others, honestly, I have no idea who they are, but who cares, since we'll only see them once in our lives, right?"

"Come sit with us. Claudia, don't be shy," adds Kiara, making space next to her. I thank her and sit beside her, unsure of what to say.

"Do you want something to drink, or maybe something else?" asks Zayn.

"Oh no, thanks. I don't drink or smoke," I reply.

"Seriously? Well, if you want, you can order a non-alcoholic mojito or a juice," suggests Zayn.

"Oh yes, that's a good idea. Where is it, please?" I ask.

"It's upstairs. You'll find it in front of you, at the bar," he replies.