The rest of the lunch passed uneventfully.

"It wasn't so terrible, was it?" Sethos said once they had finished eating. "You were complaining about nothing."

Scaramouche didn't bother to say anything. Sethos didn't hide the fact that he found his reactions funny. The last thing Scaramouche wanted was to give him the satisfaction of seeing more of them.

During their lunch, Scaramouche was thinking too much to enjoy eating anything. Sethos was perplexed; he looked stupid but he was, unfortunately, not. While he had saved him from a sure end, he was also keeping him confined in the temple. Though he seemed to be aware that Scaramouche was escaping from something , he was offended when Scaramouche failed to mention Fatui. Sethos clearly anticipated questions from Scaramouche, yet most of his answers were evasive.

The good news was that, thanks to this overthinking, Scaramouche had managed to survive the spicy atrocity that was Sethos's cooking. The food wasn't poisoned–that was nice, too. Not that poison would have had any effect on him, but he appreciated not having to worry about what he was eating. As Sethos said, it wasn't that bad.

Once they had finished their meals, they were ready to pay a visit to 'Auntie Hana'. "You'll like her," Sethos said as they made their way to her workshop. "When I found you... When I first saw you, I had a feeling she would be able to fix whatever was going on with you."

"And what makes you so certain of that?"

Sethos, with a wink, replied, "She's got a knack for fixing things that are broken.''

Scaramouche rolled his eyes. He could work as a great tourist guide in Sumeru city, that's for sure.

Sethos sounded proud. He mentioned how his grandfather always made sure to consult the mechanic whenever they found a new artefact. Scaramouche had to give it to him, he had a talent for talking about curiosity-inducing details, but kept it vague enough to keep the interest alive. As a result, Scaramouche had no idea what to actually expect.

''Oh, by the way,'' Sethos said, his tone was a little off, but Scaramouche didn't think too hard about it, ''I have a small update on the guys following you. They are a bunch of idiots.''

Scaramouche listened intently as Sethos filled him in on the situation with the Fatui. According to Sethos, they were no closer to finding the temple. They were not leaving yet, though. For some reason, they were so sure he was somewhere close to them.

Hearing that they were still struggling to find him, Scaramouche sighed. He felt a sense of relief knowing that they were safe inside the temple for now.

"Thank you for letting me know," Scaramouche said, trying not to sound too relieved.

Sethos nodded, a small smile playing on his lips. "Of course. We're in this together, now. So, make sure to hide nothing next time, okay? You truly have no idea the trouble you're putting us through.''

...

They arrived at the workshop fairly quickly. It was located close to where they ate their food. It occurred to Scaramouche that he may have passed by the door during his walks. He was half expecting to walk to the opposite of the temple once again; he hoped he'd have a little more time to ask something.

Without hesitation, Scaramouche reached out and grasped Sethos' wrist, stopping him from knocking on the door. He held it briefly, feeling the warmth radiating from Sethos' skin before releasing him.

"Wait," he said, feeling a little dizzy for some reason.

Sethos, after a moment of silence, blinked in confusion. "What is it?"