drifting apart

mary rubbed her arm nervously

michael.... I have something to tell you too..

He looked into her eyes, still a little flushed while i think for a second, michael raised an eyebrow, looking a little surprised.

you do? But you know you can tell me anything right? I'm your best friend after all..

michael smiles, his braces shining in the sun.

mary spoke
im...I'm.... she pauses

I'm moving away to layton.... i won't be in hurricane anymore..  she said softly to you

his eyes widen looking at her in disbelief, not able to say anything for a moment while i process what mary just told him

You-you're moving?.. to Layton?

michael's voice starts to crack a bit, shock and sadness starting to show on his face

It's not my choice... my father wants to move there.

she said with a sad tone

and I tried to convince him but he wanted to go there for a better job opportunity... 

michael's look of shock turns into a pained, almost desperate look, his heart suddenly hurting.

no-no, no no no. Mary, no.. You can't go! You can't go, you're the only one that understands me. Please, there's gotta be someway to change your dad's mind, please.. don't leave.. please..

mary looked at you with worry

michael...

she held his hand, looking into his eyes

I'd love to stay with you in hurricane... but I can't.. I don't even know if I can visit you..

tears start to roll down michael's cheeks just imagining being separated from her, he holds her hand tight and looks into her eyes, desperation on his face.

you-you don't even know if you can visit me?!...

mary hugged him, holding his back

michael...

mary starts tearing up a little

I've never had such a good friend.. who was so caring and kind to me.. no matter what.. I'll try to reach you.. even when we're older..

I won't ever forget about you...

ever...
mary said softly 

michael clings onto her as he cries, shaking, my heart hurt like never before.

promise.. promise me you won't forget me. No matter what. Even when we're adults.. and we're far apart...

I promise... mary said, looking at you with teary eyes and a weak smile

He holds her tightly, wanting to keep hugging her to show how much she means to him, not wanting to let go of her while he spoke

just please... please... don't forget me. Please.

I won't... goodbye mike..

those were the last words of mary he heard

goodbye mary...

It was a week after mary left and he felt extremely alone. like he lost a loved one. Michael sat in his room, which now felt empty. He'd look around at the room which felt more like a cage than anything else. The things that once brought him joy now only served as reminders of Mary. Her laugh, her smile, her eyes, her voice. All of it felt like a dagger through his heart. He couldn't eat, sleep or do anything properly. Michael just laid in bed, staring at the ceiling for hours, feeling an overwhelming sense of loss and loneliness...

On dave's birthday

He looks over at his sister and his brother, seeing my father and their friends doting over them and showering them with attention, my expression darkening and a wave of slight jealousy surging through me. He looked back at his friends, continuing to whisper and plan a prank for dave, wanting to do something to stand out and rebel against the perfect picture my father was trying to portray.

He'd never think this would cause a terrible accident that would scar him for life..

William brought this upon michael... he went backstage to cause a bigger scene, wanting michael to be his decoy. Pushing the button of the control to fredbear's mouth, to trap it shut.

Michael looked at the scene in front of him in complete horror and disbelief, his heart racing and my mind struggling to comprehend what was happening. I dropped my mask onto the ground, feeling a sudden wave of sickness wash over me as i saw dave's head inside fredbear's mouth, tears started to form in my eyes as the reality of the situation hit me like a tidal wave.

No...no, no, no, no...this can't be real..

MICHAEL!!!!

william yelled out with a loud tone

He yelped and jumped back slightly at his father's sudden yell, his body tensing up as he looked at him with a mixed expression of terror and guilt

Y-yes father-?!

william exclaimed in quiet anger

send your friends home and get. in. my car now...

Michael sat in the waiting room, the silence only amplifying my torment and guilt as the image of dave's head stuck inside fredbear's mouth replayed in his mind nonstop. it felt like an eternity, time seemed to slow as he sat there, the silence only serving to make him more anxious and paranoid. He looked around the room, trying to find something, anything to distract him from his own thoughts, but nothing worked.

Michael looked at Elizabeth, seeing the sadness in her eyes. He felt a mixture of guilt and regret, seeing the pain it was causing her as well. He tried to force a smile but found myself unable to, the weight of what had happened too overwhelming to hide, he could only bring himself to mutter a few words before looking away

I'm...i'm sorry lizzy.

elizabeth rested her head on your shoulder

I forgive you...
she said quietly

but.. I hope he's okay...

He continued to brush her hair as he looked over at my father, seeing him on the phone with my mother. Michael felt a pang of guilt at the realization that he had ruined the party and now she had to come back from her trip, adding more stress and worry to her list. Michael looked back down at elizabeth, trying to keep my voice steady and comforting

It's going to be okay. he'll be okay.

1984

Michael was in his room when he heard the commotion and yelling from downstairs. His heart sank as he quickly got up, fearing the worst. He rushed downstairs and saw william holding elizabeth in his arms. i could barely comprehend what had happened as he stood there, watching the scene unfold. He saw the blood on elizabeth and quickly realized what had happened, his mind racing as he tried to process the situation. Michael felt a sense of panic and fear rising, his heart beating faster as he realized that something had gone horribly wrong again.

1985

Michael stared at the TV, the images and words passing by without really registering in his mind. it was like he was in a trance, stuck in a loop of his own thoughts and memories. the sound of the news anchor's voice felt like a distant echo, unable to break through the fog that had settled over his mind. Michael felt a sense of detachment from the world around himself, like he was just drifting through life with no real purpose or direction. His eyes were tired and his body felt heavy, as if the weight of my guilt and grief were slowly crushing me. Michael was now 17 now... with no friends.. and no motivation..

As william stood there, he watched michael with a mischievous smile on his face.