1.19 | walkman

୨୧

୨୧

"NO!" Rick screams, running towards Cassie's limp body. Daryl's already there, leaning over her, and Glenn's right behind rick. Shane still stands a few feet away from rick and the others, completely emotionless.

"Oh god, oh god." Rick whispers over and over, grabbing her face and searching for any signs of life.

There's blood streaming down her head, and there's a slice from where the bullet grazed passed the side of her forehead.

Cassie whimpers, and it's the best thing Rick or Daryl's ever heard, thank god, she's alive.

"You're okay, sweetheart. It's okay. You're gonna be fine." Rick soothes, picking her up, making sure not to jostle her head too much.

"Oh my god, she's alive?" Glenn yells, his heads on his head.

Cassie wraps her arms around her uncles neck. Her ears are ringing, loudly, and her head hurts so bad she can't think or see.

She feels really tired, maybe she'll just close her eyes for a little bit.

Shane's frozen in place still. When tries to come forward slightly, Rick nearly pushes him over, rushing towards anybody that could help.

Dale and Andrea come running towards him. Andrea sobbing, "Oh my god, is she dead? Did I kill her?!"

"Unconsciousness. You just grazed her." Rick speaks, not paying much mind to her.

"But by the looks of it she's already hurt. Look at her arm and her leg! Daryl, what the hell happened?" Glenn asks, panicking.

"The horse bucked. Sent me down a hill and sent her into a tree, I think. We was fine, till this idiot shot her!!" Daryl yells, swinging his arms at Andrea, who looks down guiltily, tears streaming down her face.

"Hey, isn't that Sophia's?" T-Dog asks, picking up the doll that was once in Cassie's hand.

"I'll explain later, that's the least 'a our concerns right now." Daryl answers, motioning Rick to keep moving.

Rick quickly makes his way over to Hershel, who gestures towards the farmhouse.

*

Cassie lays on the bed in the farmhouse, staring at the ceiling. She has an uncomfortable bandage around her head where her stitches are and a chunk of her hair is now missing, and her arm is also stitched up and bandaged.

She really hopes her head feels better soon, this bed is uncomfortable. She probably shouldn't be awake right now, since she technically just got shot, but she woke up about 5 minutes ago from all the loud yelling from outside the door.

She's listening to Uncle Rick, Aunt Lori, and her dad argue outside the door. They're arguing about her getting shot, and her dad wanting to give up lookin' for Sophia.