6 - girl, so confusing

You're all about writing poems
But I'm about throwing parties
Think you should come to my party
And put your hands up

I think we're totally different
But opposites do attract
Maybe we're so meant to be
Just you and me

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

Maeve pulls away from the kiss, still a little dazed, "Huh? Taylor.."

Taylor shakes her head in disbelief, she shouldn't be jealous.. she isn't, she's just looking out for her friend. She knows how hard it is when you rekindle a flame. That's it.

That's why she turns away and walks back into her apartment and into her bedroom. She locks the door behind her, letting the tears fall down her face. It wasn't just 'cause Maeve was kissing another girl, it was because it made her feel like Maeve was just flirting with her for fun.

Maybe that was just it. She didn't get why Maeve would act like that just to end up kissing another girl.

It wasn't that she was deeply infatuated with Maeve, she just didn't get why Maeve had to be so confusing. That's it.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

"Taylor?" Maeve calls out as she watches the other woman walk back into her apartment. "I- hold on Nae.. I'll go check on her. We can talk about whatever that was after.."

Renee lets out a soft sigh, she knows Maeve prefers Taylor over her but my god, she was still so in love. That's not something that you can just turn off, "Yeah, good plan.."

She watches Maeve walk back inside, she sees how Maeve rushes through the slight crowd of people just to see Taylor and it breaks her heart just a little.

Renee left the party once Maeve had gone upstairs, there was no reason for her to stay anymore.

₊✩‧₊˚౨ৎ˚₊✩‧₊

Maeve rushes upstairs, knowing where Taylor would be - she didn't quite understand why Taylor was mad or why she ran off. Somehow the kiss had sobered her up, she felt more present than she did just a few minutes ago.

Once she'd reached Taylor's bedroom, she tried to open the door before realising that it was locked, Maeve let out a sigh, placing her head in her hands. She starts knocking, trying to get into Taylor's room, she needed to talk to Taylor - about what just happened.

"God, Taylor- let me in! We need to talk.. Tell me what happened, why you ran away." Maeve repetitively knocks on Taylor's door.

Maeve hears the door click, then slowly open, Taylor's face appearing. As Maeve walks into her bedroom, she watches Taylor sit back down by her door, so Maeve sits down next to her.

"So-" Maeve starts.

"I just sent everyone a text, saying the party is over so.."

"So..?"

"So, why did you kiss her, Maeve?"

"What are you trying to tell me who I can kiss and who I can't?"

"No- I'm not.. I- I just don't think you should be kissing an ex- I heard what she said, she still loves you. You're leading her on, Maeve."

"So, you think that maybe I don't love her too?"

Taylor felt her heart drop but she quickly pulled herself back together, "But you don't."

"I don't but I could, it's not up to you to decide. I'm not leading her on, it was a drunken action - she won't remember it."

"Maeve, don't you get it? She loves you - and you just kissed her, she'll remember, she won't ever be able to stop thinking about it until it happens again, and knowing you, it will."