Chapter 1

I slammed the front door closed after a tough, boring day at school. I took my heavy backpack off and threw it on a chair that was never used by my family. Nobody was there to greet me which was normal, so I just headed upstairs to my room. The stairs creaked with every step I took, I winced at the creaking, I hated it. I walked past my mom's room, I could hear her talking to my shitty dad on phone.

It's surprising how my mom would still talk to him even though he ran away. Even Though he was a complete asshole and ruined my life and my family's life.

I opened the door to my room and slammed it behind me when I stepped in, my room was a bit hot due to always keeping the door shut and never having the window opened. I took off my sweater and ignored the heat.

I opened my computer and remembered what May suggested to me, that teal haired singer she liked, Hatsune Miku.

"Hatsune Miku.." I said to myself, as I was trying to type out the singer's name. "Hmm.. Hatsune.. Ah here." I mumbled as I clicked on a popular search of the virtual girl. I skimmed through the wikipedia, I managed to understand what Hatsune Miku was.
"Soo.. Hatsune Miku isn't real?" I asked myself as I kept reading "yet I thought she was human by what May showed me.. I though May was kidding.." I mumbled as I went on youtube and searched up 'Hatsune Miku' on the search bar. I took a look at the thumbnails and looked at one that had Hatsune Miku in a princess costume and had a pink background behind her with hearts. The video's title was 'World is Mine'. I clicked on the video and then listened to the song as I read the captions to the Japanese song.

I then had the feeling that I wanted to see more songs.. Maybe even be like May and be a fan of Hatsune Miku.

After spending a decent amount of time watching Hatsune Miku videos like a total dork, I began texting May about Hatsune Miku and to put it in a few words; May went crazy since she was happy I was interested in Hatsune Miku. May kept sending me images of the virtual singer and it sparked my interest more.

Yet it all ended when my Mom came into my room without knocking, like usual. "Evelyn, you gotta do the garbage and recycling." My mom bluntly said and then slammed my door shut.
"Alright Mom." I grumbled as I was snapped back into my harsh reality. I opened the door and slammed it behind me as I went downstairs to do my chores.
It didn't shock me that my Mom acted so cold towards me, she didn't even feel like a mom. As I tied a few garbage bags to take them outside to the bins that were down the street, I began to wonder if there was a way I would be able to let out my emotions in a way that would make me feel free. Which then that thought made me think back on how I felt as I listened to Hatsune Miku's songs.

"They made me entertained, I guess." I replied to myself as I went outside and walked dowm the street to the garbage and recycling bins. My answer then made me feel like entertainment wasn't what I felt. It felt like something more, something I haven't felt before. Those melodies lit a spark in me for a second when I listened to her voice. I never felt those emotions before, and now I wanted to keep searching.

"Now I've finally got you"
"I'm not about to let you go."