XVIII.

Beyonce

Beyonce

Los Angeles

9:00 AM

Waking up this morning feels like a weight on my chest, the sun filtering through the curtains but doing nothing to ease the turmoil inside. The memory of that heated kiss with Jay plays over and over in my mind. It was a moment of weakness, a slip that I can't take back, and I know I have to tell Chris.

I hear him moving around in the bathroom, the sound of running water a reminder of what's to come. I take a deep breath, bracing myself for the conversation that's looming.

When he steps out, I can see the remnants of sleep still in his eyes, but I know this is going to change everything. "Chris, we need to talk," I say, my voice steady despite the chaos inside.

"Okay," he replies, a hint of apprehension in his tone.

I take another breath, gathering my thoughts. "It's about Jay... we kissed."

His expression shifts immediately, fury flashing across his face. "What do you mean you kissed him?"

"Chris, it didn't go further. It was just a kiss," I rush to explain, but I can see the anger boiling inside him.

"Did you like it?" he demands, his voice rising.

I stay quiet, struggling to find the words. I can feel the tension thickening in the air between us.

"Here I am, trying to be a supportive husband, and you kiss him?" His voice cuts through the silence, each word laced with hurt.

"Chris, please," I plead, but he's already in full swing.

"Do you know how this feels? All I ever did was try to love you, and this is what you do?" His words hit hard, and I can hear Blue Ivy starting to cry in the background.

I want to comfort our daughter, but I can't move. The argument spirals, his hurtful words slicing through the air as I try to defend myself. "I know I messed up in the past! But I'm here now! Look at you! You're doing the same thing I did—minus sleeping with him!"

"You know what? It's all good. I'm done—for real this time," he says, his voice low and seething. "I'm done with this."

He storms out, leaving me standing there, the weight of his words crashing down on me. "All I ever did was try to love you, but look at you," he calls back, frustration echoing through the hallway.

As Blue's cries grow louder, I feel the walls closing in. My heart aches, torn between the love for my family and the chaos I've created. I'm left standing in the silence, the heaviness of regret filling the space where love used to be.