chapter 13

Peeta and I walk to his house, not holding hands, but very close. We talk about random things- the weather, his football team, etc. We open the door and walk in and the dinner table is all set up perfectly. Rye seems like a nervous wreck and won't look neither Peeta or me in the eyes. Mr. Mellark walks in and is holding a basket of rolls.

"Hey Katniss! How have you been?" He says.

"Pretty good actually. How's your family doing?"

"We're doing fine. Tyler really enjoys college." He replies. I just smile and nod.

We all sit down, and Rye leaves to go meet his mystery lady.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Mellark wasn't able to join us tonight. She had an important meeting with the mayor."

"It's fine. Madge always says she likes it when her dad has those meetings because then she gets extra dessert. They both have like this crazy love for strawberries, and the desserts are always strawberry flavored, so they have to share usually."

Just then, we hear the door creak open, and Peeta looks furious. I turn to see who it is and understand exactly why.

Very short! Like, crazy short! It probably won't be as long until I update again, but I really would like it if you go and vote on my poll telling me who you think should be Rye's girlfriend! And, there are still spots left on the syot that you can find on my profile page!