𓈒ㅤׂㅤd-date? ࣪ ⭒

"I'll make sure you don't regret it."

I raised an eyebrow, feeling a mix of curiosity and confusion. What was going on with Ardian today? His words were laced with a confidence I hadn't seen in him before, and it left me wondering what had prompted this sudden change. My mind raced, trying to make sense of it, but I quickly pushed the thoughts aside and turned back to my laptop. The law references in front of me were a welcome distraction as I typed the final sentences of my assignment.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Ardian get up from his seat. I figured he was leaving, but then his voice cut through the silence again.

"Don't you wanna go home already, Bella?"

His words caught me off guard. Bella. He's been calling me Bella for 3 times already. I turned my head to look at him, my brow furrowing slightly at the nickname. He was looking down at me, his eyes soft but expectant.

I glanced at my watch. 6:50 PM.

"I'll head home in 10 minutes," I replied, keeping my voice casual as I focused on finishing my work.

Ardian nodded, his expression unreadable. "Okay, I'll wait for you downstairs."

With that, he left, his footsteps echoing in the now quiet library.

Wait. Did he just say he's going to wait for me?

My mind spun in circles, trying to process what had just happened. Ardian, the usually reserved and enigmatic guy I'd grown subtly connected to, was now waiting for me.

Ten minutes later, I packed up my things, placing the law references back on their shelves before making my way downstairs. The library entrance loomed in front of me, and as I stepped outside, I scanned the area for Ardian.

My phone buzzed with a new message from an unknown number. Curious, I unlocked my phone and opened the text.

"Hai bisogno di un passaggio, Bella?" ("You need a ride, beautiful?")

Huh?

Before I could even begin to guess who the sender was, the sound of a loud honk shattered the quiet evening air. Students milling about the library turned to look, their curiosity piqued by the unexpected noise. My eyes followed the commotion, and I nearly froze on the spot.

There, in the driveway, stood Ardian—leaning casually against the driver's door of a sleek, black Aston Martin. The sight of the fancy car was enough to make my jaw drop, but what really caught me off guard was the way Ardian looked at me, his dark eyes locking with mine. His expression was calm, but there was something underneath it, something that made my heart skip a beat.

He stepped forward and opened the passenger door. The unspoken command was clear: Get in.

I stood there for a moment, my mind racing. Was this really happening? The same Ardian who had made Ryder practically run for cover in the library was now offering me a ride in his Aston Martin DB12.

I blinked, trying to shake off the shock, but my feet seemed to have a mind of their own as they carried me toward him.

"You... drive this?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper as I approached the car.

He tilted his head slightly, a hint of a smirk playing on his lips. "You're surprised?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Get in," he said simply, his voice gentle but firm.

I hesitated for only a second before sliding into the passenger seat. The leather interior was as luxurious as I had imagined it would be, and the faint scent of cedar and something distinctly Ardian filled the space. My heart was racing, and I couldn't tell if it was because of the car or because of him.