Chapter 4

Kiera's POV

It has been three weeks now since my breakdown. When I woke up that day I realized that Ella never left my side which I was very thankful for.

Luke left for another business trip but this time it was in Paris but he's coming home tonight.

It was already 6:30 pm and I just got home from work. I work as a CEO in one of my father's companies but I always wanted to become a doctor but dad always had other plans for me.

I opened the main door of the house and I was greeted by the smell of chicken curry 'my favorite' my mom used to cook chicken curry for me and I miss it so much.

I walked to the kitchen and saw that Katie was preparing for dinner.

"Hey! Dinner na tayo, bukas pa uuwi kuya mo, his flight was cancelled." She said cheerfully

Great! Just great

"Tabi mo nalang yan para kay kuya, I'll order nalang" To be honest I am so hungry but I'm tired plus I don't want to eat dinner with her.

"Ganon ba? sige, pero if gusto mo kuha ka lang sa ref" She said putting away the plate that she prepared for me.

I left the kitchen and went straight to my room. Guilty, that's what I'm feeling right now.

I went to the bathroom and then took off all my clothes to take a shower. While I was under the comfort of the warm water flowing through my body, images of Katie and my brother getting married keep flashing in my head like a broken record that keeps playing over and over again.

"How long do I have to endure this!? Please make the pain go away!" This is way too painful for me. Tears started pouring and my sobs are getting out of control. tears and  water from the shower are now mixed together.

I turned the water to the coldest temperature. I need to feel numb to not feel anything.

After the shower I went downstairs to look for anything to eat. The fact that Katie made a very delicious meal for me or for us sounds amazing but I can't eat those.

I walked to the couch and lay there while thinking about what to eat.
After a few minutes I decided to order pizza online and waited for it to arrive.

When the doorbell rang I hurriedly went to open it. I took the pizza from the delivery guy and gave him a tip and closed the door.

I went straight to the couch and put the pizza on the table in front of the couch then reached for the remote to turn on the television.

When I finished eating almost four slices of pizza I stood up and went to the kitchen to fetch some water and decided I would drink Vodka tonight.

I took a bottle of Vodka in the fridge and went to look for a glass. When I found one I came back to the living room where I left my food and started opening the bottle.

Katie's POV

I went downstairs to get some water to drink. It was almost 12 o'clock and I couldn't sleep thinking about Kiera.

Wearing my pj's and a robe to serve as a protection from the coldness of the house, I walk from our room to the kitchen.

When I step foot in our living room
I'm shocked to see Kiera watching TV in the middle of the night. I took a step closer to the beautiful being that is sitting on the couch but stopped when I saw that she was holding a bottle of what I assumed was Vodka.

"Napapadalas yata ang pag-iinom mo, ayos ka lang ba?" I ask carefully not wanting to scare her.

"I'm fine, Hindi lang ako makatulog" She said coldly.