Turned Upsidedown

Jack had trained for years and was now considered one of the best hit-men out there. He flawlessly completed every mission without hesitation. Maybe that's why headquarters thought it would be a good idea to pin the new guy on him. But in this case all it did was break his perfect record.

---------------------------------------

    "Mark fischbach?" Jack read as he looked through the file his boss had suddenly handed him

      "why an I killing someone from the company?" Jack asked, with a puzzled expression plastering his face.

      "You're not. Jack, I've decided you'd be the best candidate to take him on as an apprentice." His boss stated

"W-WHAT?" He stammered

     "He's just going to get in the way! What if he messes up one of my missions?"

      "I'm giving you the task of making sure that doesn't happen. Jack, Mark has been through his training and needs field experience just like we all did." His boss explained "He'll be here tomorrow and you can show him the ropes. here," his boss handed him another file "this should be an easy enough job for a rookie, dismissed."

    Jack walked out of the office and began studying the file. 'A child could complete this mission.' jack thought as he wallowed in self pity 'God, why me?'
-----the next morning------------
(Jacks pov)
    I walk into headquarters with a heavy sigh. I really shouldn't be judging him before I meet him. But he's just going to be a burden, I've been working solo for years and this is just wrong in my opinion. I look again at the picture-less file of Mark and scan the room for any new faces. Before I can tell who doesn't belong, I feel someone tap my back.

      "Excuse me?" I hear a deep, warm voice ask. I turn to see a man slightly taller than me with dark brown eyes covered by the rim of his glasses, his hair was an even darker brown, almost black. He was quite attractive. "Do you know where I can find someone named Jack?"

     'This was Mark‽' I shook my head trying to shake away my thoughts.

    "Y-yeah, that would be me" I stutter "you must be Mark" I hold out my hand for him to shake.

     "Yeah, that would be me" he laughed taking my hand to shake. When he laughed his face wrinkled in all the right ways and it was contagious, I found myself laughing as well.

     "Nice too meet you, shall we get started then" I say getting right the point so I don't become distracted.

    "Sure thing!" He sounded like a giddy child.