Why are you telling me?

Buckle up guys this one might be more than two pages long!
~still marks pov~

'How could I have been so stupid?!' I thought to myself later that same day. I was at home trying to calm down and think of ways to get out of my current situation.

"Sean?" I asked again. "Why are you telling me?"

Was that his way of dodging a question? To throw his target a curve ball such as his identity.

"Your my partner, you deserve to know." My heart fluttered slightly when he said the word 'partner' and I could feel myself blush.

'And this is where I messed up' I thought to myself as I replayed the memories in my head.

"I'm not your partner."

I had sounded so blank, so emotionless and I don't know what came over me.

"W-what?"

Jack, or Sean I suppose seemed taken aback.

"I'm your apprentice not your partner."

Again I sounded so empty. 'What's wrong with me?' Mark asked himself as he slammed his head into his desk.

"I mean, you don't have to be... I'd be glad to have you as a partner." Jack spoke softly, trying to keep us both calm. Oh I wanted to say yes so bad but something in me had already snapped. "Why would I want to be partners with you?" I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. The look of sadness on Sean's face hurt.
And it still hurt now, hours later.  After that I soon left and took a cab home. So many questions ran through my mind as I began to fall asleep.

What's wrong with me?
Why did I do that?
How could I hurt him?
Do I really like him?
But most importantly.
How would I face him tomorrow?

I don't know where I'm going with this right now it just kind of happened, get ready for a dramatic next chapter! I'll spend a while on it instead of just trying to get a new one out for you guys. Thanks for supporting me! ~Sam