{Trembling in my Arms}

[POV: Liming's 3rd Person]

  The lights upstairs are dim to a small yellow glow when Liming makes his way up there. The door to Heart's room was flung open, revealing the blue, cold room that had held the boy. Heart's head is in his hands, buried into it and sobbing silently. It breaks Liming to even hear those broken noises come from the other's throat.

  Instead of entering, he stops at the door first. Watching the boy in distraught, a breakdown, while his own heart hammers in his chest, ears thumping and throat dry. He watches Heart momentarily before actually walking in. He licks his lips, placing a hand on Heart's shoulder, sitting beside him.

  Their thighs are touching, yet Liming doesn't know what to do. His mind is coming up with something. Anything, that could possibly help the boy's state. All he could do was sit, trying to think as he hears those painful sobs leave Heart's throat.

  The boy had suddenly moved. Getting up away from his hands, to then straighten and lay his head on Liming's shoulder. Burying himself there. His tears stain at Liming's red hoodie, but Liming doesn't move to hug him yet. He doesn't know if he should. So, gently, he places a hand on Heart's leg, patting it before drawing gentle circles on the boy's knee.

  His heart controls him more than his mind, and Liming lets his hand move from the boy's leg to his shoulder. He could feel his own eyes tear up, feeling Heart's salty tears drench his shoulder, but all he could do was bring the taller boy closer when he hears Heart wheeze out those cries. When Heart sniffles, Liming's own chest couldn't contain how he had felt. He was angry, frustrated, but yet his heart had cried for the boy he had turned to hold in his arms. The male had clutched into him even before Liming could, and all Liming could do - even if Heart had deserved more than just this - was pat him on the back and hold him close.

  Heart breathes hard against his chest, grasping at the back of his hoodie, and his throat is emitting broken sobs. Liming runs his hand up and down the middle of Heart's back. He doesn't know what to do, but this is all his heart is telling him. When Heart's arms push themselves even further, he fully wraps them around Liming's shoulders and anchor himself there.

  The boy draws soothing lines on Heart's back with his thumb.

  When Liming looks up, he takes note of the post its that are all over the room, especially at the desk. Post its around the mirror in that neat handwriting of the boy he had held. Liming tilts them back and forth, to try to sooth Heart even further, and he frowns, just to himself, at the picture frames.

  Heart outside. Heart with his friends. Heart's piano that had been disconnected from the wall because it's useless now. Sign language all over the room because Heart had taught them to himself even though no one else in his family had learned them. Liming's chest had felt heavy. Like it had sunk, but yet beating so wildly in his chest with anger that he might drive his fist into a wall.

{=====}

  "Why do you keep causing trouble after trouble?" His uncle scolds as they walk to the living room, Liming taking the right to go up to his room. Along the ride, he had been nagged, and it still hasn't stopped. Liming turns around and decides that he needs to say something - now he had returned without Heart, and his brain burning with Heart's sobs. "It's not like I want it to happen. It's an accident." He tries first, in the calmest way that he could because maybe it'll help.

  "It would not have happened if you hadn't taken him out." His uncle reasons, voice way clearer than Liming's temper. Liming clicks his tongue, eyebrows knitting as he just couldn't bring himself to understand.

  "He asked me to." Well, it wasn't a lie, but it wasn't the whole truth either. Liming had wanted to take him out and had little to no resistance. He never thinks of the consequences. But he could never say no to Heart's pleading boba eyes. "I'm the only friend he has."