Chapter 2 : Dk industries

---

**London, Early Morning**

The next day had dawned, but Elena Carter had been awake all night

The next day had dawned, but Elena Carter had been awake all night. Sleep had eluded her as her mind raced, desperate to find a way out of the marriage she was being forced into. Pacing the length of her bedroom, she muttered to herself, trying to come up with a plan.

"Think, Elena, think! There has to be a way to stop this wedding. I can't marry him. I won't marry him. I need a plan... something!" she whispered fiercely.

(After a moment of silence, she suddenly stopped in her tracks.)

"Of course! I need to talk to Nyla. Maybe she's not happy about this marriage either. What if she's being forced into this just like me? No one in their right mind would want to marry one of those thugs anyway. But how do I talk to her? Should I call her? No, no! What if someone overhears me? What do I do?" Elena bit her lip in frustration, her mind racing with possibilities.

Just then, her mother, **Susan Carter**, called out from the hallway, "Elena, get ready quickly. You and Nyla are going shopping for the wedding today. Nyla, Ryan's family, along with your uncle and aunt, have already left the house. You need to hurry up and get dressed."

Elena clenched her fists, her frustration bubbling over. "Mom, I'm not going anywhere. I told you yesterday, I'm not going through with this marriage! And I'm definitely not marrying that thug, Ryan. Why can't you understand that?"

Susan sighed heavily, stepping into the room. "What's there to understand, Elena? Should I tell your uncle that you're refusing? Or your father, who blindly follows whatever his brother says? Look, sweetheart, there's nothing I can do anymore. Ryan isn't a thug; your uncle and aunt have seen his house-it's big and beautiful. His father is even a great business man . There's nothing we can do. Ryan likes you, and you'll grow to like him too after the wedding. Now stop overthinking and get ready. They'll be here any moment."

With that, Susan walked out, leaving Elena no choice but to reluctantly start getting dressed, her heart heavy with dread.

---

**New York,
24th Floor of DK Industries**

On the top floor of the towering DK Industries building, **Damian Knight** stood by the large window, gazing out over the bustling city below. The streets were alive with traffic, but Damian's face remained expressionless, his mind elsewhere.

 The streets were alive with traffic, but Damian's face remained expressionless, his mind elsewhere

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Without turning around, Damian said, "Come in."

The door opened, and a woman entered. She was stunning, wearing a short, form-fitting dress that emphasized her figure.

 She was stunning, wearing a short, form-fitting dress that emphasized her figure

"Mr. Knight," she called softly, her voice filled with a mix of professionalism and admiration.

Still not turning around, Damian replied, "Yes, Miss Sofia. Is the task I assigned you completed?"

(Sofia was Damian's secretary, or more accurately, his personal assistant. She handled all his business dealings with precision, and though she harbored a deep admiration for Damian, he barely spared her a glance.)

"Yes, sir. The meeting between you and Mr. Dixon has been confirmed. Everything is prepared, and I've also made all the necessary arrangements for the meeting. Should I inform Mr. Blake that the meeting is set?"

Damian finally turned to face her, his cold, calculating gaze locking onto hers. "Yes, inform Ethan. Also, have the jet prepared. We're leaving for the meeting today. And make sure the farmhouse is ready for us-we'll be staying there until the deal is closed. Understood?"

Sofia nodded quickly, "Yes, sir. I'll take care of everything."

"Good. You can leave now. Make sure everything is done on time."

"Yes, sir," she replied, bowing her head slightly before exiting the room.

Once Sofia had left, Damian sat down at his desk, opening his laptop and immersing himself in work, his focus absolute as always.

---

What do you think will happen next in Damian and Elena's worlds? Their fates seem to be drawing closer with each passing moment...

---
**Author's Note:**

Let me know if you'd like any further adjustments or additions!

If you enjoyed this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanku ️❤️🙏🙏

Written By -✍ @shri

I will update you soon about the next part..!!
Till then, stay tuned and miss me..!!😜

#keep reading#keep loving#