Chapter 8: A Desperate Plea

**Previously, Elena and Nyla spotted some men dressed as bodyguards and decided to approach them

**Previously, Elena and Nyla spotted some men dressed as bodyguards and decided to approach them. Now next...**

Elena and Nyla made their way toward the group of bodyguards standing near the entrance of an imposing building.

Approaching one of them, Elena asked, “Hey, can you tell us who you work for? We really need to meet with them. It’s urgent.”

The bodyguard glanced at them but remained silent, maintaining his stoic demeanor.

Frustrated by the lack of response, Nyla piped up, “Hey, we’re talking to you! Don’t just ignore us like that!”

The bodyguard finally spoke, his tone flat, “I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you that.”

Elena, not willing to back down, crossed her arms and said, “come on, It’s not like we’re asking for your bank account details. We just want to know who your boss is.”

Nyla nodded in agreement, adding, “Yeah, exactly!”

The bodyguard sighed, “Look ladies, our boss is a very private person. Our boss has a very short temper. You wouldn’t want to meet him, trust me. It’s best if you just leave. Just go about your business and let us do ours.”

Nyla, rolling her eyes, responded, “Wait a minute, did you just call us ‘ladies’?First of all, don’t call us ‘sister’—we're way younger than you, probably. And second, if your boss has a temper, so do we! We’re not going anywhere until we get some answers.”

Elena grabbed Nyla’s arm, urging her to calm down, “Nyla, just stop. We need their help, and you're not helping by arguing.”

She then turned back to the bodyguard, her voice softer, “Look, I’m really sorry for her behaviour. But please, we’re desperate. We just need a moment with your boss. It’s literally a matter of life and death.”

Elena feigned sadness, her eyes glistening as if on the verge of tears. Seeing her distressed expression, the bodyguard's stance softened slightly.

“All right, miss,” he said, “If it’s really that urgent, I’ll check with my boss.”

With that, he walked away toward two men sitting in a private area nearby.

Approaching the men, the bodyguard spoke quietly, “Sir, there are two young women outside. They say it’s a matter of life and death and would like to meet you.”

One of the men, looking intrigued, raised an eyebrow. “Two girls? Want to meet *us*? Did they say why? And what is this this life-and-death matter?”

The bodyguard shook his head, “No, sir. They didn’t specify. They do look innocent, though.”

The man smiled slightly. His name was Damien Knight, head of the Knight mafia empire. Seated beside him was his trusted friend, Ethan Blake.

Ethan leaned back in his chair, smirking, “Innocent, huh? Well, let’s see just how ‘innocent’ they really are. Bring them in.”

“Yes, sir,” the bodyguard nodded before returning to Elena and Nyla.

“Come with me,” he said, motioning for them to follow. “The boss will see you now.”

The girls exchanged a quick glance, silently preparing themselves as they were led into the private area to meet the mysterious men.

---

**To Be Continued...**

What will happen when Elena and Nyla meet Damien and Ethan? Are they getting themselves into more trouble than they expected? Stay tuned to find out!

---

**Written By –✍ @shri**

**More excitement and drama coming soon! #keepreading #keeploving**