Chapter two

POV: Harry.

Another new evening tracking down these dirty drug dealers, it's 11:00 p.m. and I'm doing my usual rounds with my colleague and best friend, Georges, he and I have known each other since high school and we've always had this dream of becoming a police officer together, and we did it.

- Hey Harry, park there, we'll start here.

- Ok.

I park the car and we get out, we walk around the neighborhood then we continue in the rather dark alleys, in these kinds of places it's better to be accompanied rather than alone. We walk for long minutes to finally find nothing.

- Georges, let's go back to the car, there's not a soul here.

- Yeah, it seems like they know that we're patrolling more frequently now since the last arrest.

We turn around to go back to the car, but we stop abruptly when we hear a sudden noise.

- You heard like me, didn't you?

- Yeah, let's go see that.

We go back on our steps to check what we heard, I point my flashlight at one of the alleys and see a silhouette pass by quite quickly. So I start running after this person, Georges following me, we try to catch up with the silhouette but in vain, we look everywhere but nothing. We finally return to the car and go back to the police station to make our report and each go home.

The next day I wake up with difficulty, fortunately it's Friday today and it's my day off, strangely I still think about this person I saw in this alley, but I ignore it, I get up, wash up a bit, I go down the stairs, I greet my butler and find my breakfast already ready, I eat it and go about my business. An hour later when I'm processing some files on standby I hear a knock at my office door.

- Come in.

- Excuse me for disturbing you in your work sir, but your friend Miss Angel came to visit you.

- Please have her come here.

- Good sir.

He bows and leaves, a few minutes later he comes back accompanied by Angel and leaves immediately.

- Hello Harry, how are you my little cat?

- Hello Angel, how are you?

- Very good and you?

- I'm fine too thank you, go ahead and sit down.

Angel is a girl I've known since kindergarten, always there for others with her eternal smile, in short a great girl

- So what brings you here Angel?

- I just wanted to come see you, I hope I'm not disturbing you.

She says this while pointing at the pile of files placed on my desk in front of me.

- No no don't worry about that, I'll be done soon anyway. Let's go to the living room to talk.

- Okay.

We head to the living room and sit side by side. We talk a little about everything and nothing in the meantime one of my servants comes to let us know that lunch is ready, so we go to the dining room to have our meal.

- Harry, I always wondered why you wanted to work, when you have a sick inheritance with all the companies of your grandparents, anyone would have given up everything to live a dream life doing nothing except relaxing in the Caribbean.