Episode 1: AJ and the Seven Dwarves

In the series premiere, AJ gets pulled into her mother's old TV and ends up in the world of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. She quickly discovers that the only way to get back home is to help the story play out correctly, relying solely on her memory of her mother's old bedtime stories. As the story progresses, AJ realizes that she will have to make certain choices that are far more dangerous-and far more real-than she ever imagined.

Cast:
ALANNA JENNIFER "AJ" JOHANSEN

TOM JOHANSEN: Ben Schwartz

NICK JOHANSEN: Joe Keery

BECKY ADAMS: Fran Drescher

REESE ADAMS: Kristen Bell

The sun rises over the Johansen house, a classic Californian home with palm trees in the front.

TOM JOHANSEN, a single dad, is making breakfast for two of his children. His daughter, AJ, needs to get ready to help her grandma finish moving into her new house today.

TOM
AJ! Wake up!

AJ
What?

TOM
Wake up!

AJ
Why? It's the weekend. Let me sleep in.

TOM
No, you've slept in enough! You have to go to Grandma's today!

AJ
Why?

TOM
You're gonna help her move!

She falls back asleep. TOM gets a broom and starts hitting the ceiling to wake her up. She grunts and makes various frustrated noises.

TOM
Wake. Up. Now!

AJ
Ok ok! I'm up.

She puts on her clothes.

AJ NARRATION
Well, you've caught me in my worst state. I'm AJ. It stands for Alanna Jennifer. I'm 15 and I...

The narration continues as she gets ready.

AJ NARRATION
Let's see... nothing is interesting about me really, I don't know why anyone would ever seem to care about my interests. I'm very dull. And I'm not even saying that so I can be an attention seeker. I don't do anything intriguing. Most days I just go home from school and spend time on my phone. I don't like to stand out much so I lay low and do my thing. On my own. But today, we promised my grandma that we would help her. She's been a huge part of my family for years and helping her move is the least we can do to repay her, according to my dad. He's been saying that all week.

AJ walks down the stairs. She's still a bit groggy.

AJ NARRATION
Although, it would be nice if we could start later on this afternoon.

AJ
I'm never going to be a morning person, am I?

AJ walks into the kitchen.

AJ NARRATION
This is my brother, Nick. He's an excellent guitar player, and a wonderful cook, and he hasn't left our house for more than a few hours each week since he turned 21. Five years ago.

AJ gets onto an island chair next to NICK. At the same time, they sigh and slump their heads onto the table.

AJ NARRATION
He's also not a morning person either.

TOM
"Wow! I'm so excited for the yummy breakfast dad made for me!" said nobody because they're too tired to pay attention to me. Hey, make sure you bring your laundry down and sort them into each color coordinated basket, please. Whites go in the white, underwear and socks go in the blue, sweatshirts in the orange, AJ, your dresses can go in the pink-

AJ
-Thanks dad, I understand.

AJ NARRATION
That's my dad. Sir Thomas the Perfectionist. Need I say any more?