Ch.9 Fine

EVELINA POV

EVELINA POV

My eyes snap open, and I'm breathing heavily. I take off the blanket and run to the bathroom and splash water on my face. Shaking my head to get rid of the nightmare, I start brushing my teeth.

Today was the first day of school, and I was dreading it. I have always hated school, I never had any close friends and it's so mentally draining. Although, I did have okay grades.

I walk into my closet trying to pick out a outfit. I decide on a navy top and some black pants.

(this without the bag)

I walk over to my desk and grab two rubber bands and start putting my hair into two braids. I grab some sunglasses and a necklace for accessories. I hear a knock on my door and quickly walk over to open it.

As soon as I open it I see Luca standing there, "Good morning, I was supposed to come here to wake you up but it seems like you are an early bird. Anyways breakfast is ready, wanna come with me?" he rushes out.

Damn he speaks fast.

"Yea, sure." I say awkwardly. I start following him and eventually we get to the kitchen.

This house is a literal maze.

They have strawberry's cut up and a bunch of bananas and pancakes on the counter. Luca grabs a plate and puts a couple of strawberries, one banana and two pancakes on it.

To my surprise he holds the plate out to me. I slowly grab it, not sure if it's a test or not. He doesn't do anything so I take it fully from him and sit down.

Does he expect me to finish all of this?

I take a couple strawberries and a couple of bites of the pancake and then I become full. I turn to the side and see Luca stuffing his face with a pancake, he turns to look at me and try's his best to make him look innocent.

He looks down at my plate and then me, I can see he wants to say something but he has pancake in his mouth so he can't. He quickly swallows and then opens his mouth, thankfully father walks in.