6

Sunday morning, I woke up with an extra pep in my step. It was my last week in this God-forsaken villa. It was the opportunity of a lifetime, and I'm sure I'd laugh about it in a few months. But as it stood, I had a whole list of cons on my mind.

I was getting tired of this place.

Honestly, I was starting to feel trapped. It was truly a beautiful house, but I felt like I was being trapped with the craziest people in the world. All day, every day, I felt like a clown at the fair. My sister said that was how girls flirted but that sounded like petty elementary shit. I mean, poking at me? Giggling behind my back? From the outside in, you'd think I was the older on here.

I missed my family and friends.

That went without saying. I couldn't wait to go back and visit my family. I missed Sunday dinners, seeing my brother in person and going out for brunch with my mother. My siblings were like my best friends, but I even missed going out for drinks with my other friends and visiting their apartments just so I could pet their cats.

I missed my old habits.

That one was probably the most annoying. I was a creature of habit and always had been. I liked having a specific kind of coffee pods I liked ready by the coffee maker I knew how to use. I liked driving my own car and going for runs on my usual path. Not being able to do all this and more kind of wore me down, chip by chip over time. I hadn't been away from home for this long a time for as long as I could recall, so I was certainly feeling out of sorts.

I should've stuck to my gut feeling.

Re: I hate living in this house. I don't think it would've been this bad had I not gone on that stupid date with Rihanna. I let my sister talk me into it, hell, I even got a bit excited about it and now this. It wasn't exactly that I was being treated poorly, but I couldn't get over how it all went down. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't embarrassed about how the night went down. Her, seeing me naked and teasing me like that. I guess it's part of why I harboured these feelings towards her. Who does that, you know? I wasn't exactly expecting her to put out and given how much fun she seemed to have at my expense it was almost a likely scenario. But you'd think that we'd seal the deal shortly thereafter.

You'd be wrong. A week more of furtive glances, finding reasons to invade my space and not-so-subtle touching but no sex. I don't know if Rihanna expected me to candidly ask for it, but I knew it wasn't happening. Now I was left working for someone that got me naked just to laugh at me.

I was starting to get attention in a weird, unwanted way.

After more pictures of me and my employer hit the internet, people were coming out of the woodwork to ask me about her. I had actual news outlets in my inbox asking me if I cared to comment on our "secret outings." My sister advised me not to, which I wouldn't have done in the first place, but I do wish I could communicate to them that this was strictly professional. There was no budding friendship and I wasn't gold-digging or trying to work my way up a ladder.

Nonetheless, since this week was my last week I was determined to make it a good one. I left the house early this morning, intent on making the most of the time I had left. I was in tourist mode and my first stop was the Sagrada Familia. It was nice to see a historical building but I didn't stay long, as religion tended to make me uncomfortable.

Oh, and things had gotten odd between Dominique and I. She was no longer answering my calls and being quite vague about her reasons. I knew her well enough to know that was all lies, besides the fact that her reasoning just wasn't adding up. Things about timezones, or long workdays? It didn't stop her before.

I just couldn't figure out what I had done to her. Last I remember, I bailed out on our evening talk when Rih and I went on that date (that wasn't a date). That was cause to be upset with someone, but not pissed enough to ignore them for damn near a week. So, after many days of wondering and making a fool of myself I just let it go. However I made a mental note, she'd be one of the first people I'd visit upon landing.