Fourteen | 𝓜y Moth, Your Flame

APRIL 27, 2023

APRIL 27, 2023.

"Are you prepared for this?" Beomgyu asked me as I looked away from the practice script, my eyes ready to fall shut

"Are you prepared for this?" Beomgyu asked me as I looked away from the practice script, my eyes ready to fall shut. This acting was so bad, and not in a subjective way. It's nothing against them because I know they're students, but shouldn't they go to a performing arts school if they want to be stars? No. I should be nice. These people just aren't fit for our film. "You look like you're about to break. Should we split it up between two days? The break is almost over."

"No, no, it's okay," I rubbed my eyes, swallowing my sorrows. "This is going to be a trial and error thing. I know what I signed up for as a director. Let me just get a drink of water, and we can continue, okay?"

"Okay. Text me if you need anything," I nodded, getting out of my chair. I entered the corridor and saw a few of the theater majors talking about the roles, some smiling and waving–to which I forced myself to acknowledge them. I rounded the corner and stopped at the water fountain, reaching down for a drink. Holding my hair back, I opened my mouth for air and hydration. My finger pressed on the cold metal, letting it surge into my veins and to the back of my neck, begging for me to wake from my daze. I had to remind myself the hardest part wasn't here yet.

I was still going to relive the year of torment.

"Yewon."

You are everywhere. In my dreams, my nightmares, my prayers, my curses, and my reality. Here you are, again, at school, calling my name in front of everyone who has seen you. I've begun to think that no matter how much I suppressed my desires, I ended up in front of the sun again.

I led myself right to you. "Soobin."

I let go of my hair and stood up straight, fixing my posture. I bet I looked weird doing so–because it felt weird trying to stay composed in front of him. If he came any closer to me or rounded the corner, he'd see the actors lined up to mimic him, to mimic that vicious flame in his eyes. I had to make sure he left on the path he came. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to come find you," He replied simply, attempting to wear a smile. Something told me it was forced. "I've just been walking around, hoping that I'd catch you in the wild."