- 1 Chapter -

Deep silence that rivals the smell of death. Darkness that shields sinful shadows in arms. Cold that freezes the blood. Here I am, who had no idea of this place or world that it existed until the minute...

'Are you awake?' a man walked up to the brittle pipes of my bars, which he rattled. It was the same man who brought me here. I didn't answer him. 'So you're not going to answer?' he laughed and ran a hand through his matted hair. I think his color rivaled the blackness of his heart. I smiled at that. 'What are you smiling about?!' he raised his voice. My smile immediately faded from my face. 'It's all your fault!' he shouted to himself. 'If it weren't for you, he would still be alive!' he lit a cigarette, releasing the smoke in this already stuffy room. I started coughing. 'Can't stand cigarette?' he looked at me with raised eyebrows and then threw it to the ground and stomped on it. 'Do you know why you are here?' came closer to my bars again. I looked up at him for the first time since I've been here. 'Although...' he thought, 'I haven't even introduced myself. My name is Agust D or D-Day. Call it whatever you want. I'm the person who brings people the comforting D-Day in their lives.'

'So you kill people?' I clarified, even though I knew the answer beforehand.

'Yes. Everything here revolves around the question of life and death.' he put his hand casually in his pocket.

'Then you couldn't be good people.'

'But we're good people.'

'Good people don't kill.' I looked at him with disgust on my face.

'We're just bringing people a relaxing D-Day.' he said simply and pushed himself away from the bars. 'By the way, you'll have an assignment.'

'What?' I looked at him with wide eyes.

'PD said you are studying to be a doctor.'

'PD?'

'Yes, your father.' he replied with a bit of pain in his voice. I missed my father immensely. But it's why I'm where, I'm right now. How could you hide this place from me? The big question is... why didn't he tell me? We shared everything with each other. From our smallest to our biggest secrets. But he's gone... the only person I ever trusted.

'Yes or no?' he asked with raised eyebrows. I was about to open my mouth when the door opened in the same way.

'Boss everything is already prepared.' a very young boy came in. Agust D nodded.

'And from today she is a doctor. Take her out of her cell and bring her to the others!' he ordered the boy, who was almost trembling with fear.

'Yes sir!' he said in a shaky voice and hurried to my cell. He looked at me timidly.

'I'm sorry you fell into this world.' he whispered softly.

'Trust me, there are worse places than this.' I said as I slowly stood up. He looked at me with wide eyes, but even D was watching.

'Believe me there is no worse place than the hell.' said D and was about to light another cigarette, but as if he remembered something, he slipped it back.

'But there's worse. Do you possibly know?' I looked at the boy, who had already opened the door of my cell for me, from which I left with a mocking smile. The boy shook his head.

'The place that's our own prison.' I looked at D. A faint smile appeared on the corner of his mouth. 'Ourselves.' I said and walked out of the room arm in arm with the two men.

I guess you've wondered how I got here. I'll tell you in the next part. 

What is your opinion the beginning? This is my first English book so I hope you like it.🖤🫣