- 5 Chapter -

*Present

That's how I got to where I am now. To this place full of dark shadows that I had no idea about until now. Could my father know these people? Was my father included? I don't think so. My dad was really a very good man. I always admired his kindness and the way he cared for me. I was the light of his eyes! He looked after me like a porcelain doll that would surely break if someone touched it.

'This would be our medical center.' said the boy accompanying me. 'Oh, stupid me, I didn't even introduce myself. My name is Tae, but everyone calls me V.' he said timidly.

'I'm Yana.' I held out my hand to him, which he happily accepted. 'Do you also work in this place?'

He nodded slowly. 

'Yes. I took care of your wounds too.' he pointed to my side and then to my stomach with his fingers.

'Ohh... thank you very much. Ohh... um...

'Don't worry, I didn't see you like that!' he raised his hand defensively. I chuckled at that. I calmed down inside, even though that wasn't my question.

'I'm grateful for you! What do I owe you?' I smiled at him again and caressed his arm. He looked at me with sparkling eyes. Then he blushed. 

'No-nothing.' he scratched the back of his head in confusion. I slowly began to look around this unfamiliar room. Everywhere there were only bandages, scissors, sterilizers, plasters, and scalpels.

I called the boy 'V'.

'Yes?'

'Where exactly are we now? '

'In Daegu, why? ' he asked questioningly. I stopped.

'In Daegu? How? Do you think so far...'

'We were in Ulsan, right? ' he asked back. I nodded. 'We had to come from there.

'Did we have to? Why? ' I asked and took a seat on a bed. It was just the two of us. I felt they were reliable in the boy in front of me. For some reason, he seemed different from the others I had seen here.

'Because...' he couldn't finish because the door was slammed.

'You're coming with me now! ' pointed at me. 

'Soon.' I held up my hand and then looked at V, waiting to continue. 'So why did we have to? ' I asked again. However, V didn't answer me. He lowered his head and began to look at his hands.

'What are you talking about? How dare you even talk back? I see you were not raised to be a whore!' he suddenly got hold of my arm, which he gripped very tightly. I hissed.

'Man, you could crack a nut with your fist! In fact, it can even be a rock!' I told the man. V started laughing. On the other hand, my charmer didn't appreciate my humor. 

'Shut your fucking mouth or I swear I'll sew you up! ' he jerked me and took me out of the room. I rolled my eyes.

'Let me go! For heaven's sake! I'm not a little girl! I can walk without someone holding my hand.' I said mockingly. He threw me against the wall with a loose motion. I started coughing and clutching my chest. I'm out of breath.

'If I could, I'd kill you right now, little one...' he began to threaten, but someone must have stepped out from behind the door, because he immediately became silent. 

'Come in.' he said in a cold voice. 'Only the girl, not you. I'll deal with you later.' he said condescendingly.

'But sir...' he would have started to explain, before he pulled out a knife with a casual movement and threw it at the guy. The metal missed his temple by a few millimetres. The guy shuddered to the core. I smiled at that and stood up and pulled myself out.

'Piece of shit!' I told him, almost spitting the word, then I flashed him a devilish smile. The guy reached for my neck, but the man in the suit behind me stopped him.

'Leave! ' he commanded. The man looked at me once more and left. 'Now let's talk.' he closed the door and sat down behind his desk.

'I'll ask first!' I said confidently. He raised his dark eyes to me. The word stuck with me immediately. I also forgot to buy air. Why is this unknown man doing this to me? 

 Why is this unknown man doing this to me?