Thor: Journey Into Mystery (2011)

Title: Thor: Journey Into Mystery

---

EXT. PUENTE ANGTIGUO NEW MEXICO DESERT - NIGHT

HEAVY RAIN pours down in sheets as JANE FOSTER and ERIK SELVIG speed down a long, empty desert road in a weather-beaten van. Thunder rumbles ominously in the distance, flashes of lightning illuminating the stormy sky.

Inside the van, Jane's eyes are glued to her tablet, which displays a swirling vortex of data—anomalous readings flashing across the screen.

---

INT. VAN - CONTINUOUS

Jane's face is lit up by the glow of the screen. Her eyes are wide with excitement, determination etched in every line of her face.

JANE FOSTER 
(frantic but focused) 
There it is again! Another spike. Whatever it is, it's getting closer. We need to get to the site before it disappears.

ERIK SELVIG, sitting in the passenger seat, grips the dashboard as the van skids slightly on the wet road. He glances at Jane with concern.

ERIK SELVIG 
(nervously) 
Jane, slow down! This storm is getting worse. If you're wrong about this—

JANE FOSTER 
(cutting him off, determined) 
I'm not wrong! We've been tracking these anomalies for weeks, Erik. I know this is something big.

Another rumble of thunder shakes the van as they speed through the darkness. Lightning cracks, illuminating the sky in an eerie glow.

---

EXT. DESERT ROAD - NIGHT

The van barrels down the soaked road, the storm growing more intense with every second. Ahead, in the distance, a blinding light EXPLODES in the sky—a swirling vortex of energy forms, twisting and spinning, sending tendrils of lightning crackling through the clouds.

---

INT. VAN - CONTINUOUS

Jane gasps, her eyes wide with awe as she stares at the vortex.

JANE FOSTER 
(awed, whispering) 
That's it... That's the event.

Erik glances at the vortex, his concern deepening.

ERIK SELVIG 
That's not natural, Jane. It looks like a tornado, but... there's something more to it.

JANE FOSTER 
(determined) 
We're getting closer. I have to know what it is!

---

EXT. DESERT - NIGHT

The storm grows more violent as the van approaches the site of the swirling energy. Rain lashes against the windshield, making it hard to see.

Suddenly, a figure appears in the middle of the road, staggering through the storm. It's THOR, disoriented and weakened from his banishment. His clothes are drenched, his body battered, but his eyes still burn with confusion and desperation.

---

INT. VAN - CONTINUOUS

Jane and Erik don't see Thor until it's too late.

JANE FOSTER 
(yelling) 
What the—?

ERIK SELVIG 
(shouting) 
Look out!

---

EXT. DESERT - NIGHT

The van SLAMS into Thor with a hard THUD, sending him flying into the wet sand. The van screeches to a halt, skidding slightly before stopping in a cloud of steam and rain.