Chapter Seventeen (John)~1

The door opened to a metal railing and stairs. He looked down and saw a middle-aged man sitting on a burgundy couch with a coffee mug between his fingers. He looked at Ramzi and smiled. "Hello old friend, are you ready to pay your dues?" Pulse beating in his ears, blocking out any other sound. Ramzi couldn't talk. His fear of what would happen to him left him completely paralyzed.

"I... can we wait a bit longer... I promise I will pay." Ramzi said, hesitated yet hopeful. He took a closer step to the railing leaving his room behind. A long lengthy laugh echoed the place, rich and velvety sound came from underneath the stairs. Ramzi hope crushed down like tiny pieces of unfinished puzzle.

A shadow of a tall man came closer to the couch. "We have been waiting for forty years Ramzi, I think it was enough time for you."

"I—" Ramzi's voice crumbled in his throat. The heavy door behind him swung shut with a reluctant creak, the sound echoing like banshee wail through the dimly lit room. The vibrations resonating through the stillness mimicking the last breath of Ramzi's trapped soul. "Mr. Lightwoods I—"

His voice dripped with an unsettling calm. "You've had your time." He stepped out of the shadow revealing his face to Ramzi who began to shiver with fear. "It would be wise to settle your dues tonight. Late payments tend to complicate things, don't you think?"

The other man chuckled, "Don't be too harsh Theodore, Ramzi is a man of his word." he placed the coffee on the table next to him and looked back at Ramzi.

Theodore's tone remained smooth, almost coaxing. "So, shall we?"

"Mr. Lightwoods...? Are you okay?" Adam's voice snapped me back. It has been twenty years since that day. That glowing silver drink... it tasted like pure heaven just like her p— "You haven't spoken for a while, are you okay?"

"Yeah, my mind is all over the place. Did Valeria contact you regarding Taiwan's deal?"

"She sent an email earlier today." Adam said, forwarding the email to me.

"Did she told you when she's coming back?" Adam looked confused, his eyes met mine yet swiftly he moved back to his screen. "Spill it Adam."

"Nothing, it's bit odd that you two are not speaking."

"We are, I don't follow her every move." I waved at him to get out of the office, he looked taken back but in few seconds he was out. Asshole.

I tried to call her for days, nothing but short answers and only for thing related to the recent campaign. Never been this dry before, I need to taste her so bad I feel the desire burning through my flesh. I took the phone and dialed her number again. That fucked up auto answer voice followed by the beep that became a nightmare to me. "Kitten If you didn't answer me, you will fucking regret it. I will fucking punish you. Wait for me Kitten, I will eat you till you scream. I will—"

The silent ended with her velvety voice saying hello. There you are Kitten.