6 - The hotel room.

After an annoyingly long plane trip, they landed and Elizabeth could finally  strench her legs. Getting off the plane was refreshing after being sat in a metal tube of sweaty men, But for Lizzy one thing kept playing on her mind. Max whispering in her ear, how she could smell his cologne and the way his breaths tickled her neck. Fuck no, she thought, It's too early for her to melt. It took 9 year old Elizabeth years to get over max Verstappen after he help her with her maths homework. I can't do that again.

The car ride to the hotel wasn't bad as she just sat an wrote some more lyrics she wanted to use at some point. She was completely zoned out until she notices a huge and beautiful hotel they were going to be staying in. 

Max and elizabeth went to the check in desk together after entering the hotel, And because of the contract, her and max have to shared a room so other drivers or guest don't get suspicious and leak it to the press. The lady at the counter was really sweet and explained that due to the busy weekend coming its one card key per room. Just her luck now if she wanted to leave the track, she'd have to go see and talk to max as he had already claimed the key card was staying with him.

They two walked the elevator and hopped on in silence the only noise coming from elizabeth as she carried her heavy bags. Without saying a word as the doors pinged open max grabbed one of her bags and walked off clearly ignore the protests for the girl as she carried her other bag.

He opened the door to the room, it was beautiful, immediately she laid on the softest bed she'd ever laid in.

"We need to sort it out if you want this to work. because it could ruin both our careers if the media found out." Elizabeth spoke to him for the first time since getting on the plane.

"I've got a team meal to go to. I'll be back later." he huffed before leaving. She just rolled her eyes as he left because he clearly didn't care at all.

Obviously she was excited to see her brothers racing again and to get back to her love for racing but she'd have to spend it with max. In the red bull garage? Not so much.

For the next couple of hours she looked around the room and went out onto the balcony and start to write some more songs for her upcoming album the only lyric she came up with was one line. I'm your shotgun, baby, for the long run.

The door opened as a the Dutch racer appeared, he just collected his clothes and went into the bathroom then came back out changed into a t-shirt and shorts. Elizabeth moved from the balcony and laid down on her bed, hoping to catch some sleep before her long day tomorrow as she had to be there for the first practice and the start of all the media.

Elizabeth struggled to fall asleep and not for lack of trying. She turned to see max fast asleep with jealousy she huffed and turned back. Why is he always better at things? even SLEEPING, She thought.

Eventually the golden sun dusted the room and Elizabeth deicide to just get a shower to wake her up a little after the lack of sleep. The warm water gently falls onto her skin as the sent of her coconut shampoo floods the bathroom. Alone she can finally breath again.

She quickly dried her body and got dressed before putting her hair in a towel and walk back into the room. As max entered the bathroom she hear a scream. "why is it so fucking hot?" the man yelled from the bathroom as he entered the shower. The first time he's spoken since telling her he had a team dinner.

As she dried her hair there was a knock at the door, Max answered it "what."

"I'm here to see my best friend. move it Dutch boy." Maddie said pushing her way past him. She always thought his ego was too big or he was just annoying to her. "Lizibeth. how are you surviving with that man?" she said loudly.

"we haven't spoke much. Oh read my new lyrics tell me what you think. also theres a song for you in there." Lizzy spoke grabbing her notebook. Maddie was more of an actor but did singing in the side.  "this one is for you by the way."

Flashing lights, and we
Took a wrong turn, and we
Fell down a rabbit hole
You held on tight to me
'Cause nothing's as it seems
And spinning out of control

Didn't they tell us, don't rush into things?
Didn't you flash your green eyes at me?
Haven't you heard what becomes of curious minds?
Ooh, didn't it all seem new, and exciting?
I felt your arms twisting around me
I should have slept with one eye open at night

We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it
And we pretended it could last forever (eh, eh)
We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it

So we went on our way
Too in love to think straight
All alone, or so it seemed
But there were strangers watching
And whispers turned to talking
And talking turned to screams, oh

Didn't they tell us, don't rush into things?
Didn't you flash your green eyes at me?
Didn't you calm my fears with a Cheshire cat smile?
Ooh, didn't it all seem new, and exciting?
I felt your arms twisting around me
It's all fun, and games 'til somebody loses their mind

But darling
We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it
And we pretended it could last forever (eh, eh)
We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it

In Wonderland
I reached for you, but you were gone
I knew I had to go back home
You searched the world for something else
To make you feel like what we had
And in the end, in Wonderland

We both went mad
Oh
We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it
And we pretended it could last forever
Last forever (eh, eh)

We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it (got lost in it)
And life was never worse but never better
Never better
We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it
And we pretended it could last forever (in Wonderland)

We found Wonderland
You and I got lost in it
And life was never worse but never better
In Wonderland

Maddie gasped "this is so good!"

"it still needs a chorus but you can do that." Lizzy smiled finishing her hair before taking the notebook back and placing it in her bag for when they left for the paddock. "there's others but I just cant write at the moment like my mind is blanking after a line and my deadline for the songs is in four months" she sighed, Madeline gave the girl a empathetic look.

"We have to be there at 12 for a meeting." Max said not even looking up from his phone. Maddie went back to her room as she was just going to be sightseeing for most of the day then meeting Elizabeth later for dinner.

Max and elizabeth walked down to the elevators and waited in silence before the doors open and they stepped in. "we have to act like a couple now." Max stated in the empty elevator. She just rolled her eyes yeah no shit tell yourself that, she thought.

The second the doors opened max took her hand in his and immediately headed for the main doors to get the their rental car. There were a few cameras but not lots which she was happy about it was mainly fans trying to get the attention of max who was just heading straight toward the car, he opened the passenger door to let her in then got in the drivers side and drove off toward the circuit.