Volume 2: The Blessed Wolf

(Lucas Ambrosius' POV)

[We're here!!!! The glorious kingdom of Ingrassia welcomes you, my dear Lucas!]

Indeed it does...

I looked around in awe at the modernity of this place, it's vastly different from Falmuth, everyone here seems relatively equal and there's a great number of adventurers passing by us all the time.

"Aiz-san, you're back!!"

"What?! The sword princess is here!!?"

"Welcome back, Princess!!"

The people all around us cheered and greeted Aiz, the latter remained silent and vigilant as she walked through the crowd with me behind her with my hands in my pocket.

I can notice some people give me weird glances of confusion and irritation, all because i'm walking with their Idol...

[Maybe i should call you mr.Lucas 'Stealyourgirl' Ambrosius?]

Please don't

[Hehehe maybe i should? Maaaaybe?!]

I sighed to myself as i stepped ahead and was now shoulder to shoulder with Aiz who glanced a look at me before looking forward.

"You're quite popular here as expected" i said and she nodded.

"Shizu-san was more popular than myself, i'm only known cause i work alot, my legacy isn't worth mentioning"

"Don't be too harsh on yourself, we couldn't have beaten that dragon if it weren't for you" i said and she shook her head quickly.

"Not at all, your chains were what stopped it. It was honestly amazing but it's about what i expected from an otherworlder" she said and i shrugged.

"It is what it is"

We wandered through the large city for quite a while, Aiz decided to show me around the place to some restaurants, armories and smiths, inns and even people looking to form parties to adventure.

Our journey soon came to an end as we then stopped by our true destination, the Free Guild's headquarters.

"This place is...different" i commented as i looked at the building of the guild and it's almost the picture perfect match of a modern office building.

"Lucas, let's go" Aiz called out to me and i nodded as we stepped into the guild's building.

The doors of the building were automatic and inside the place was air conditioned, it was like i never even left Japan in the first place.

So there's a good chance someone or more particularly the owner of this guild is an otherworlder or at the very least closely related to one.

Aiz and i approached the receptionist desk, behind it was a beautiful girl with short brown hair and blue eyes who immediately smiled at Aiz's sight.

"Wallenstein-san welcome back!" the girl said and Aiz nodded.

"Is the grandmaster here?" she asked and the girl sadly shook her head.

"I'm afraid he's out on a business trip, he said he'll be back next week, submaster Kagali is here though!" she said and Aiz nodded.

"Thank you" she said before she turned to me

"We will be going up to the submaster's office, i will ask her to do you a small favor so that you don't have to go through the exhausting process of becoming a proper adventurer for too long"

"Huh? Are you trying to look out for me?" i questioned and was met by a weird reaction.

Aiz looked away from me and lowered her head causing her hair to cover her face but i could notice that her ears were turning reddish.