Chapter 2 - The Breakout

Percy's POV

Percy couldn't help but be somewhat concerned at the sounds of distant explosions behind him.

He knew that they were a part of Jason and Thalia's escape plan, and he'd already freed himself from his chains with the water Jason had brought him, but with the way Jason had described the plan, what he heard wasn't exactly what he'd expected.

He was also not fully comfortable with how frequently explosions were now showing up in their plans, but he trusted that Jason and Thalia could get the job done.

Evidently, the sound of the blasts had also reached the ears of Percy's fellow prisonmates, as he heard all sorts of commotion outside of his cell.

Some were cheering, others complaining, and some begging to be let out, fearing that hey may fall victims to one of the explosions.

All valid reactions, though Percy was worried what would happen when Katie would let both him and the other crewmates out.

He quickly got his answer, as he heard Katie's voice bellow through the dungeons.

"Everyone shut up! You three, I said I don't need backup, but go check on our special guest nonetheless, I'll make sure everyone out here is secure! When you're done you can head back outside and actually be useful!."

Zeus must have sent backup.

Smart move to send them to me, Katie. Percy grinned, kneeling down again, acting as if he was still chained.

He waited patiently until he heard the doors creak open, looking at the three entering soldiers innocently.

"What's up, guys?" Percy asked, feigning innocence. "You sure you should be here? Sounds like you're needed out there, much more than in here."

"Silence, prisoner. You have no right to talk." One of the guards growled. "We are simply here to ensure you won't escape, then we'll be on our way again."

Percy chuckled.

"That really isn't the best idea, but I guess you're safer in here than out there, huh?"

"I just said we would be leaving soon." The guard growled, crossing his arms as he stood in front of the door.

He nodded to the other two, sending them towards Percy.

"And now, you won't be leaving here." Percy laughed loudly as the two guards closed in.

Just as they were about to grab him, Percy slid between them, slamming their heads together, causing them to collapse instantly.

Percy smirked as he turned to the remaining guards and saw him fumbling with the sabre on his waist.

"Performance issues?" Percy cocked his head to the side, before rushing towards the guard, throwing him against the wall. "Couldn't be me."

He wanted to laugh at his own joke, but he already felt that he'd missed out on months of training, even basic movement as a whole, as he struggled to make his way out of the cell.

Once he'd finally gotten out, he took note of the eerie silence that now filled the dungeon.

Looking around, he saw that all inmates had seemingly fallen asleep or passed out.

As he walked, or tried to, he noticed one cell was empty, the door wide open.

That must be where they kept the others.

Percy moved past the cell and towards the entrance, where he saw a familiar group of people standing in a tight huddle.

The only one of them who seemed to realise Percy had made it out was Katie, who was still wearing her guard outfit.