9. A Night of Chaos

The hotel lobby buzzed with guests returning from their day’s adventures.

Anjali sat at a small table, glancing at the clock on the wall.

It was nearly dinner time, and a wave of worry washed over her.

Amrutha hadn’t returned yet, and that was unusual. They had planned to share dinner, talk about their day, and unwind after the chaos of the past few weeks.

But now, Anjali felt a knot tighten in her stomach.

She picked up her phone and hesitated for a moment before dialing Karan’s number, Virat’s assistant. He always seemed to know what was going on, and maybe he had seen Amrutha.

“Hi, Karan. Have you seen Amrutha?” Anjali asked, her voice laced with concern.

Karan was just about to sit down for dinner with Virat when he received the call. He glanced over at Virat, who was busy studying the menu, completely unaware of the worry creeping into Anjali's voice.

“No, I haven’t seen her,” Karan said, smoothly covering the panic rising in him. “But I’ll check.”

Without telling Virat, Karan made an excuse to slip away and met Anjali in the hotel lobby. Her face was tense, and he could see the worry etched in her features.

“Let’s go find her,” Anjali said, her eyes scanning the lobby for any sign of Amrutha.

They stepped out of the hotel and into the Parisian evening, the air filled with a gentle chill that seemed to carry the excitement of the city.

Anjali was determined to find Amrutha, and Karan felt the urgency of the situation. They wandered through the streets, passing by cozy cafes and vibrant shops, but Amrutha was nowhere to be found.

As they walked, Karan's mind raced. Where could she be? Did she go to a cafe, or was she sightseeing? He hoped she hadn’t gone too far without telling anyone.

After several minutes, they decided to head back to the hotel when Virat unexpectedly appeared, looking for them.

“What are you two doing out here?” he asked, his brow furrowed with curiosity.

Anjali exchanged a glance with Karan, knowing she had to tell him the truth. There was no time to hide it now. “Amrutha is missing. We’re trying to find her,” she said, her voice steady but with an underlying worry.

Virat’s expression changed instantly from confusion to concern. “What do you mean, missing? Where could she be?”

Anjali sighed, feeling the weight of the situation. “We don’t know. She didn’t come back for dinner, and Karan hasn’t seen her either.”

“I’ll come with you,” Virat said, determination in his voice. It was rare for him to show such vulnerability, but the thought of Amrutha being alone in a city like this made his heart race.

Together, the three of them set out to find Amrutha. Anjali pulled out her phone, her fingers moving quickly across the screen. “My teammate tracked her phone. She’s in a nearby pub,” she said, glancing at the map.

Virat nodded, his mind racing with worry. The night air felt charged with urgency as they hurried through the streets of Paris, the vibrant lights illuminating their path.

They arrived at the pub, and as they stepped inside, the atmosphere hit them like a wave.

The music was loud, and the place was filled with people dancing and laughing, glasses clinking together in celebration. It was completely different from the worry they had in their hearts.