Chapter 15

“Are you sleeping here again?”

Theodore opened his eyes softly at the sound of the voice. Dante was looking down at him like he didn’t like something.

“You got all pissed off about me sleeping here last time.”

“…….”

“I guess it’s your bed now.”

He said dryly. The couch…. Right. That’s how it was. He didn’t want to see Dante sleeping uncomfortably….

“ Relaxing… it’s kind of sweet. I almost regret that I only realize it now.”

“Right? There’s a reason I’ve been squeezing it in every day.”

Dante grinned mischievously, and then sat down on the couch across from him. Theodore let his eyes take in the face of the man he misses, tracing his eyes, nose, and lips, one by one. Before disappearing.

“ So… today is the day you go?”

“…….”

“Can’t I say something before you go….”

If you disappear suddenly, I…. It’s scary….

If I act a bit spoiled, maybe the kind hearted you will take pity on me. The urge to cling to your warmth and look at you longer, even if it’s just for a few moments, is strong.

“No….”

‘You’ll just disappear when I close my eyes.’

“……Theo.”

“…Yes.”

“Theodore!”

The loud voice caused Theodore to open his closed eyes slowly. It wasn’t Dante sitting in front of him. He blinked back a tear at the sight of his best friend.

“You’re back.”

“You….”

Jeffrey’s face scrunched up at the sight of him.

“……Stop that already.”

“What.”

“Stop it! Are you going to die along with him? The living are supposed to live anyway!”

Theodore couldn’t help but laugh at Jeffrey’s outburst; the man who never said a wrong thing in the past had said the right thing today. Yes, the living should live…

But I don’t feel quite alive, Jeffrey. I can barely remember how to do it.