Chapter 16

It’s after business hours and the restaurant is empty. Ui-jae is sitting on a neatly wiped table, staring intently at his mobile phone. On the screen, a thread of Knowledge ON questions and answers with multiple responses and comments was popping up.

“If the hunter is a well-known hunter and the evidence is strong, the bureau will come directly.”

Ui-jae slumped onto the table, frustrated.  Korean officials were relentless, he thought.  If he reported Lee Sa-young for obstruction of business, the director of the Awakening Management Bureau might even show up.  He grimaced, scrolling through the screen.

The words beneath the kind facade were mostly absurd.  "Tell you his first name?"  He scoffed.  "That bastard could split Korea in two if he wanted."

That’s what you get for being number one. His every move is met with a constant battle between detractors and defenders. Ui-jae has been there and done that before. No matter how bad he was, he wasn’t going to start a volcanic eruption on the internet just to make it easier on himself.

Mana stone recorders were too expensive, and interviews were something you couldn’t do without going crazy. As he scrolled down, he involuntarily banged his head on the table. The sound startled him and he checked the table, but luckily it wasn’t cracked. After rubbing his forehead furiously with his hand, he put his mobile phone back down.

‘I’m stuck….’

Cha Ui-jae’s anguish is not for any other reason…

It’s all because of a nasty bastard who bursts into the quiet life of a part-time haejang-guk house.

The Haejang-guk house had a reputation as a hunter’s restaurant, so there were quite a few people who paid in advance. There were many hunters who didn’t bother to carry their cards, and it was not uncommon for them to run out of the restaurant without paying, let alone putting down their spoon.

When Ui-jae was first learning the trade, he was given the responsibility of taking over the prepayment books, so prepayment was no big deal, but Ui-jae swears, Sa-young was the first crazy person to come in and offer to pay 15 million won in advance since the shop opened. No, you mean 15 million is the name of your dog?

In the end, Cha Ui-jae glared at Bae Won-woo, who had come in with a useless hump, and lost what little life he had left.

‘Stop this crazy bastard.’

That’s roughly what he meant.

However, Bae Won-woo, who jumped about 0.5cm from the spot, stopped Lee Sa-young with sharp eyes like an updated artificial intelligence.

“Hurry up and pay up and get back to the guild. You said you’re fucking busy.”

“I’m not really busy.”

“You said you had to go to the bureau office. Weren’t you supposed to meet with Jung-bin?”

“We can postpone it.”

Lee Sa-young was nonchalant in the face of a meeting with the government, something most people would never want to do in their lives. Bae Won-woo didn’t think it would work, so he changed tactics and spoke selflessly.

”Hey, exchange my armour for the 15 million yuan upfront. I heard there’s an auction for Hongye Castle equipment in Songdo.”

“How can you buy equipment for only 15 million? Are you a beggar?”

Wow… What a bastard.

Every word that comes out of that hateful mouth was art. It was clear that not only Ui-jae but also all the hunters who heard the conversation on the spot thought the same. May Lee Sa-young’s card melt like a precious 6,900 won ladle that died heroically that night… That’s when Ui-jae thought about it and refused to pick up the card in front of him.