Upgrades

### **Chapter 32: Weapons of the Cosmic Cowboys**

As the celebrations at the hideout wound down, Lila had been bustling around the workshop, eager to make the most of her newfound partnership with the **Cosmic Cowboys**. After hearing about the recent skirmish with the Firebrand Marauders and the crew's plans for future missions, she decided it was time to enhance their arsenal.

"Alright, team!" Lila called out as she gathered everyone in her workshop the following morning. "I've been thinking about how we can upgrade our weapons and gear to give us the edge in our next fight."

"Count me in," Jace said, his eyes lighting up. "I'm always down for some shiny new toys!"

"Just make sure you don't blow yourself up with them," Elara teased, crossing her arms and leaning against the wall.

Lila grinned, unfazed. "I'll do my best. But first, I need to hear what everyone wants. Who's in?"

### **Weapon Upgrades for the Crew**

As the crew gathered around, Lila took notes, listening intently to each member's requests.

"I want something that packs a punch," Jace said, demonstrating his signature quick-draw technique. "And maybe a few extra rounds."

"More ammo, less aiming skills," Thalia quipped, causing the others to laugh.

"I need a rifle that can switch between energy and kinetic rounds," Richter added, thinking about the various situations they could face. "Something versatile."

Elara chimed in, "And I'd love a pistol that enhances my accuracy. Maybe something with a targeting system?"

Lila nodded, jotting down ideas. "I can do all of that. But I want to make it even more interesting. I have a concept for some signature six-shooters that I think will suit each of you perfectly."

### **Signature Six-Shooters**

With excitement building, Lila unveiled a series of designs, each tailored to the individual member of the crew.

**Richter's Signature Six-Shooter:** 
"First up, for you, Richter," she said, presenting a sleek blaster with intricate designs etched into the barrel. "This will be your signature weapon—the **Dust-Born Devil**. It features an adjustable power setting, so you can go from stunning to lethal in a flash. Plus, I've included a rapid-fire mode for those moments when you need to lay down cover fire."

Richter picked it up, feeling its balance and weight in his hand. "This feels perfect. I love it!"

**Jace's Quick Draw:** 
"For Jace, I've made something a bit flashy," Lila said, revealing a vibrant six-shooter adorned with glowing accents. "The **Starlight Shooter** will not only have enhanced accuracy but will also leave a dazzling trail of light with each shot—perfect for when you want to show off."

Jace's eyes widened. "Now that's what I'm talking about! I can't wait to see the looks on their faces."

**Elara's Precision Blaster:** 
Turning to Elara, Lila presented a refined weapon with a sleek design. "This is the **Shadow Whisperer**. It features a built-in targeting system and a silencer for stealth missions. You'll be able to pick off targets without anyone knowing you were there."

Elara smirked, impressed. "This is going to be fun."

**Thalia's Med Kit Blaster:** 
Lila then turned to Thalia, holding up a modified blaster that integrated medical functions. "And for you, Thalia, the **Doc's Defender**. It can fire both tranquilizer darts for subduing enemies and medical stimulants to help injured crew members."

Thalia laughed. "I love it! Just what I need to keep the team alive."

### **Weapon Modifications for the Crew**

After unveiling the signature six-shooters, Lila got to work on the rest of the crew's requests. She spent the next few days upgrading each weapon with the latest technology she had scavenged from her travels. The workshop became a whirlwind of activity, with blaster fire echoing as Lila tested the upgrades and fine-tuned the designs.

As she worked, the crew watched in awe, impressed by her skills and determination. They felt a sense of pride knowing that their weapons were now more than just tools—they were an extension of themselves.

### **A Celebration of New Gear**

Once everything was complete, Lila gathered everyone in the workshop for a reveal. "Alright, Cosmic Cowboys! Prepare to be amazed!"

As each member stood by their upgraded weapons, Jace couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. "We're going to be unstoppable!"

Richter held his new six-shooter aloft, a feeling of power and responsibility coursing through him. "Let's make sure we use these wisely. We have a mission to protect and a galaxy to save."

Thalia stepped forward, holding her **Doc's Defender**. "With these upgrades, we'll be ready for anything that comes our way."

"Let's take a moment to appreciate what we've achieved here," Elara said, raising her weapon high. "To the Cosmic Cowboys and our new gear!"

"To the Cosmic Cowboys!" they all echoed, their voices echoing through the workshop.

With their new signature weapons in hand, the crew felt an unbreakable bond, ready to face the challenges that lay ahead with renewed vigor and camaraderie. They were not just a crew anymore—they were a family, and together, they would carve their names into the stars.