33. Melting hearts

You don’t always have to act so tough, Darshil. Aarvi said looking at the wound

I’m not tough when it comes to you, Aarvi. You make me weak in ways I never thought possible. Darshil said seriously

Aarvi froze for a moment, her heart pounding in her chest. She met his gaze, and for a split second, the walls between them seemed to dissolve.

You... you really mean that? Aarvi asked

Darshil nodded, his expression sincere.

Every word. Darshil said

Aarvi looked into his eyes, their gaze met, both of them captivated by each other's eyes but then Aarvi looks back at his hand.

You need to take care of yourself. I swear, sometimes it feels like you enjoy getting hurt just so I'll fuss over you. Aarvi scolds

Darshil laughed, leaning back as she carefully cleaned the wound.

Maybe I do. It's the only time I get to see you this worried about me. Darshil said

Aarvi glared at him, but her touch was gentle as she bandaged his hand.

Just take care of yourself, okay? Aarvi said.

Darshil smiled, reaching up to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

Thank you for caring about me. Darshil said

Aarvi looked up at him, her eyes softer now, her heart lighter.

I always will, Darshil. Aarvi said, getting completely lost in his eyes.

Next morning , Poorva was on her way to college. The traffic was steady, and she was mentally preparing herself for her classes when, suddenly, her car began to sputter. A moment later, it jerked and came to a halt in the middle of the road.

Great, Just what I needed.Poorva muttered under her breath.

She tried starting the car again, but it was no use. Sighing, she stepped out of the car, adjusting her bag on her shoulder. The busy street seemed to mock her as people honked, maneuvering around her car. As she inspected the front of the vehicle, hoping it was something she could handle herself, she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

"Poorva? Is everything alright?"

She turned around to see Shiv stepping out of his car, parked just behind hers. He had been on his way to the office but now walked toward her with concern etched on his face.

Shiv! What are you doing here? Poorva asked, surprised.

I could ask you the same thing,   Looks like your car’s giving you trouble. Shiv replied, eyeing the car.

Yeah, it just stopped all of a sudden.  Poorva said, a hint of frustration in her voice.

Shiv glanced at her car briefly, then turned to his driver.

Take her car to the repair shop. I’ll drop Poorva at college. Shiv said

Before Poorva could protest, his driver was already getting into her car.

Shiv, that’s not necessary. I can call for a cab or— Poorva saud but Shiv interupted

No way. I’m not letting you stand here waiting for a cab. Get in my car. I'll take you. Shiv said

Poorva hesitated but eventually nodded, feeling a little grateful.

Alright, fine. Thanks. Poirva said

As they began walking towards his car, Shiv noticed the way Poorva was slightly limping. His sharp eyes immediately zeroed in on her ankles. Her heels were beautiful but looked painful. Sure enough, there were faint bruises where the straps had dug into her skin.