5| Engagement💍

Archana tightly grabs Rudraksh’s shoulders, her hands trembling

Archana tightly grabs Rudraksh’s shoulders, her hands trembling. He gently reassures her, "Arey, daro mat, ye kuch nahi karega" (Don’t be afraid, it won’t do anything).

Still with her eyes closed, Archana responds, "Main nahi aaungi" (I won’t come).

Rudraksh takes her hand, softly guiding it forward. "Dekho, kuch nahi karega. Iske sir ko pyaar se sehlao, phir dekho" (See, it won’t harm you. Gently stroke its head, then you’ll see).

Hesitant at first, Archana slowly moves toward the dog and begins petting it. The dog, Dron, playfully responds, wagging its tail and nuzzling her hand. Archana smiles as her fear fades.

Rudraksh, pleased, says with a grin, "Ab chalo, main tumhe drop kar deta hoon. Phir college mein project bhi submit karna hai" (Let’s go, I’ll drop you off. Then we have to submit the project at college).

𓇼 ⋆.˚ 𓆉 𓆝 𓆡⋆.˚ 𓇼

Later, at college

After submitting their projects and attending class, the group gathers in the canteen. Out of the blue, Karan feels someone hug him from behind.

"Mujhe miss toh nahi kiya na itne din?" (Did you miss me while I was away?) Kuhu asks with a teasing smile.

Karan hugs her back, but his eyes dart toward Meher, who watches them from a distance, her face reflecting deep hurt.

To provoke her jealousy, Karan says cheerfully to Kuhu, "Kaise ho, Kuhu?" (How are you, Kuhu?)

Kuhu, beaming, replies, "Bahut achi hoon, tumse milke toh aur bhi achi ho gayi" (I’m great, and meeting you makes me feel even better).

Unable to watch any longer, Meher quietly stands up and walks away.

As soon as Meher leaves, Karan pulls away from Kuhu and says coldly, "Kitni baar kaha hai, door raha karo mujhse" (How many times have I told you to stay away from me?).

Kuhu, taken aback by the sudden shift, asks in confusion, "Par abhi toh tum theek se baat kar rahe the, achanak kya ho gaya?" (But you were just talking nicely to me, what happened all of a sudden?)

Karan, his tone distant and sharp, responds, "Meri marzi, main jaise chaahun waise baat karoon" (It’s my choice, I’ll talk however I want).

Frustrated, Kuhu demands, "Tum mere saath hamesha aisa kyun karte ho?" (Why do you always treat me like this?)

Without answering, Karan walks away, leaving Kuhu to trail behind him, trying to make sense of his behavior. Later in class, Karan notices Meher sitting alone, her eyes red from crying. His gaze softens momentarily.