Chapter 1

A/N
Titles real clever, right? Lol nope.
All rights go to Rick Riordan. Except the OCs later in the story! Remember to send me your OC info!!!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Percy POV

It started out as a regular day, get up and eat at the pavilion, train, hang out with Annabeth and the others, all the while wondering where Nico was and how he was doing. After all the shenanigans with Gaea and whatever happened between Nico and Jason, Nico was so distant. Then one day, no one saw him. His cabin was empty, he seemed to take all of his belongings. He left without and sort of goodbye, he just disappeared, shadow traveling to gods know where. That's was almost four months ago.

After lunch, the Camp Jupiter part of the Seven came to Camp Half Blood, saying something about a potential quest. But I wasn't really listening or paying attention to them. Out of his cabin, limping just the slightest bit, came Nico Di Angelo. He was taller, his hair longer and a bit more curly. And, as always, he had his aviator jacket on, which fit him just a bit better than the last time I saw him.

"Nico!" Jason exclaimed excitedly, running up to the son of Hades, giving him a big hug. Nico put his hands on the older boys chest, trying to push him away.

"Don't touch me," Nico muttered, annoyed at the other boy. Well, he hasn't really changed that much.

"Oh cheer up Neeks! Where have you been?" I laughed, putting my arm around his neck, pulling him into a headlock.

"Don't call me Neeks!" He said, exasperated. He grabbed my side, trying to tickle me into letting him go. I complied, laughing at his messed up hair. "Dad wanted me to come home for a while. Mostly just for training."

"That's fun, I guess," Annabeth said, taking my hand in hers.

Hazel gave Nico a hug, which he reluctantly returned. I don't think he's used to physical contact, but at least he's trying.

We sat down on the bleachers of the battle arena, so we could talk without being in anyone's way. As we were catching up on what was happening in our lives, I couldn't help but notice that Nico was smiling into space, for one reason or another. I shot a look at Jason asking what put the younger boy in such a good mood. He just shrugged. Some help he was.

Hazel noticed too, but she was the first one to make a move to talk to him. As they started talking, Nico grabbed her hand and started toward his cabin. I made a move to follow them, but someone held me back by my wrist. I turned to see Jason shaking his head. I got the message; don't go, he needs time. Sighing, I sit back as he let go of me, all the while I was hating him for being right.

About a half hour after they left the group, Nico and Hazel came back, both looking like they had been crying. Their eyes were red and they were sniffling, Nico a little more than his half sister. He whispered something to Jason, who gave him a reassuring hug and whispered something back to Nico. What's going on?

I was shaken out of my thoughts by Annabeth's beautiful voice, pulling me back into reality.

"Percy what's wrong?"

"I just thought Nico trusted me enough to tell me things. Not be secretive towards me and tell Jason everything that's happening in his life."

She rubbed my back, as u pull her into a hug, kissing her cheek.

"He'll come around," she said trying to make me feel better. She turned back to the others. "Not that I don't like the peace with everyone here, but there is probably a reason we're all together."

"Yeah. Annabeth's right. We should go see Chiron," Piper said, as we all got up and headed to the Big House.

I wonder what the gods have in store for us this time.