8. Pahel & Vidhan

TARGET: 16 Votes and 20 Comments

"You again did something to her?" Pahel asked following Ridham in his apartment.

"Who did what to who?" Vidhan walked out of the kitchen munching on an apple.

"Mujhe bhi bata hi do aab" Siddharth walked into the living room holding his bag on shoulder.

"Why should we tell you anything? Hum aapke hai kaun?" Antara pushed Siddharth out of her way and asked him.

"Bata diya toh aap humari jaan hi le lengi" Siddharth whispered to himself.

"Kya?" Antara looked at him angrily.

"Nothing" Siddharth said shrugging his shoulders.

"By the way mumma and papa want you to pick up their calls" Vidhan said sitting beside Antara on the sofa.

"Hum nai karenge yeh jhoothe pyaar ki jhoothi fikar" Pahel downright refused.

"Yaar... They are genuinely concenerd about you. It has been weeks and you haven't talked to them. They keep asking us about how you are everyday" Vidhan explained to her.

"Fake concern brother, it is all fake. Pehle bhi toh batain nai hoti thi mahino tak, tab toh fikar nahi thi. Tell them not to bother with me, I'll figure out stuff myself" Pahel replied angrily and moved to get a glass of water from kitchen.

"Fine don't talk to mum and dad, talk to the rest" Antara suggested.

"I send them a good morning text. And I talk to Viji(Vihaan) and bua(Aarchi) on video call almost every other day" Pahel cleared her side.

"When I'm talking to them, just come and sit by me sometimes, unhe bhi acha lagega" Vidhan tried to reason with him.

"Vidhan...I didn't want to go to hostel that was so far away from all of you. The rules were very strict there. Every weekend you get to make one call to your family. I've stayed without talking to either of them for a month. Everytime I called, they were either out for a business meeting or a nani's place or busy. Mein akeli thi waha pe, woh mujhe beech majdar chod gaye the" Pahel placed the glass softly on the counter and talked to Vidhan calmly.

"You taking revenge from them?"

"I'm not taking revenge, I just don't feel like to talk to them anymore. What do I talk about? How are studies going? Did you eat? But what after that? I got punished for something that I didn't even do. They have really hurt me" Pahel walked over to Vidhan and kept her head on his shoulder and explained him her perspective.

"Life is too short to hold onto grudges Pihu. Forgive them and let go of the past" Vidhan kissed her head and held her close.

"If I would have never gone to hostel, I wouldn't be needing to sleep with someone every night" Pahel looked up at him.

"They had their reasons Pihu. Sit down and talk to them. For me, please" Vidhan requested her.

"Just for you I'll try" Pahel said after a lot of consideration.

"Something is better than nothing twinnie" He pulled her in a proper hug.

"Only because I love you" Pahel said hiding her face in his chest, finding the warmth of home in his embrace.

"I was told that you've made a stupid bet" Vidhan changed the topic and Pahel got busy in explaining everyone about the bet.

"Itti si baat. Start working on your assignment jaan-e-man because even we are getting anxious to meet this Yuvaan guy" Siddharth said excitedly.

"Aye... You can't talk to her" Antara argued glaring at him.

"She's my friend... almost becoming my bestfriend. You keep your long nose out of it" He held Antara by her nose and moved her face away from him.

"How dare you touch me?" Antara looked at him furiously. Siddharth started running around the house as Antara chased him.

"Tomorrow library?" Ridham asked while playing the referee between Antara and Siddharth.

"Donee" Pahel and Vidhan raised their thumbs in affirmation.

"Is it just me or can you also read in between lines between them?" Vidhan asked whispering in Pahel's ear looking at Antara hit Siddharth with a pillow and Siddharth getting beaten without stopping her.

"You too... I thought I was overthinking but at least now I know its just not me" Pahel looked at Vidhan in shock and then applauded herself for not being dumb.

"What about you? Found any girl? See I have Yuvaan, Ridz has Manushi and now Antara has found Sid, you are the only one left in group" Pahel said looking up at him curiously.

"Technically you all are still single, your Yuvaan doesn't like you back, Ridz and Manushi would kill each other at the first chance given and Ani and Sid are enemies so far. No one is committed yet" Vidhan argued with her.

"I am mentally committed to Yuvaan and he doesn't like me back just for some time. He'll come in his senses and tell me that he likes me back. He just isn't aware that he's committed to me" Pahel retorted.

"Forget about us, you tell me what type of a girl do you want?" Pahel changed the topic before Vidhan could enter in to legalities and continue arguing.

"Someone like me. Someone who likes order and respects time. Polite and sophisticated" Vidhan explained to Pahel his ideal type.

"You mean someone black and white? Where's the colour my buoy? You are dal chawal and you want a girl who's roti sabzi? Boring jodi! Thoda achar ya namkeen ya kuch meetha ya thika bhi toh chahiye life mein. You want dal... then eat dal pakwan, thoda taste bhi aaye na life mein" Pahel looked at her brother in worry.

"You are hungry or you want to go for a movie Pahel?" Vidhan asked hearing the words she used.

"None bhai sa none. Your jija sa (elder sister) is worried about your love life. Imagine tum dono ka jhagda ho jaye and both of you remain silent with each other for months. Hayeee mein kabhi bua nai banugi aisa hi raha toh. Someone like you means she'll hate me and Ani for life. Bhabhi-nanad wale saare jhagde honge. Hayee mere bacho ke liye saage mama ka ghar bandh ho jayega. Where will I take my kids during summer vacations? Nai tu mujhe abhi bata de, mere bacho ka kya kusoor hai? Mere bacho ko chod, apne bacho ka soch, they'll think of me as a vamp bua. They'll name me Komolika bua and keep her enrty tune as the ringtone for me" Pahel hyperventilated imaging different scenarios of having her brother love someone as him.

"I will never agree for your relation with such kind of a girl. Nai baba nai, you'll only marry a girl of mine and Ani's choice" Pahel looked at him anxiously.

"Small reality check; I haven't found any girl yet who fits my criteria" Vidhan said hitting Pahel on the back of her head.

"Good. Don't even try to look for one. You've come here to study. Focus on your studies, no need to look for your future wife here. Everyone home will do their duties when its the right time" Pahel said shaking her head trying to get out of the whole imagination where she was a poor sister oppressed by a dominant sister-in law.

"I think we should get you a brain scan, bachpan ki chot ka asar aaj bhi hai" Vidhan said teasing her. Pahel picked up a spoon and threw it at him which he ducked effortlessly.

"Ayee guys, there's only one referee, postpone this fight" Ridham shouted at Pahel and Vidhan stopping them from fighting.

"Peace?" Vidhan held his hand out for a deal they had been doing since childhood.

"Peace" Pahel shook his hands and walked to the living room to cheer Antara and Siddharth fighting.