Chapter 3 - Guardians Meeting

Everything was silent. The elves had been sent to the outermost part of the workshop and were being kept there by the yetis, so the Guardians would not be interrupted during their meeting. Even with the distractions gone, the Guardians found that their meeting was still being delayed with their own personal feelings on the matter at hand.

Finally, the silence was broken by North coughing into his hand, so as to draw everyone's attention onto him.

"Ve need to talk about the situation at hand," North stated. "How are ve going to find Trii?"

"There has to be a way to get the power out of him without destroying him," Tooth said, nibbling on her bottom lip. "Maybe Tai just forgot something in his last moments. Maybe there is a way that he just didn't mention."

Bunny shook his head. "He is... was... the keeper of time and the protector of history, both past, present, and future. He knows what must be done at all times for all times." Bunny sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. "If there was another way, he wouldn't have forgotten to mention it."

Tooth said nothing.

Sandy shook his hand in the air, drawing attention to the shifting golden sand above his head. They formed a moon and a question mark.

North shook his head. "Man in Moon say nothing so far. Maybe ve already know vhat needs to be done?"

"It is like what Jack and Tai said," Bunny muttered. "We have to save the world and stop... you know."

"This could have been me."

All eyes turned to Jack.

"Vhat?" North questioned, quirking a brow at him.

"I said that it could have been me," Jack repeated, slamming a fist down on the table. "Trii was just like how I used to be. He spent his mythical life with people who liked what he did, but either didn't believe in him or was afraid of him He just wanted what everyone else had; love, adoration, and friendship. If our places were swapped, and pitch had come to me instead of you guys, then I would be the monster threatening to destroy the fabric of time just by my pure existence."

"What are you saying, Jack?" Tooth asked. "You are the one who said that we need to stop it at all costs."

"I am not saying that we shouldn't do this. I understand now that some things just have to happen." Jack stood up. "What I am saying is that it could have been me, or anyone else under the right circumstances. Trii Korteet is a friend and an innocent, yet now he must be hunted like the animal he feared people saw him as. Life is unfair."

"This shouldn't have happened to him," Bunny agreed. "If anyone should have been turned into a monster that needed to be destroyed, then it should have been Pitch, but it wasn't. It wasn't him and it wasn't you. No one can do anything about it."

"Just like killing me."

"Jack..." Tooth began to rise from her seat as well, halting when Jack held up a hand.

"Don't," he stated. "I shouldn't have even brought it up." Jack ran a hand through his snowy locks and floated in the air a little bit. "I'm going to go cool off my head." With a burst of cold air, Jack flew from the room and out a window.

I would like to say thank you to all of those who helped Fall of the Guardians reach the desired 1K views. Your support inspires me to write. 

Look for the next update of this next week.