The Clone Conspiracy

79's, a bar that increased in popularity among clones during the war. It was still buzzing with the soldiers of the same face, even after the war had ended.

Some sat with comrades, laughing at jokes and singing drunken songs. Others nursed their drink alone, mourning the friends that were inevitably lost in the war.

But two clones in particular sat at the bar with their backs turned to the majority of the establishment.

Slip and Cade. They had served aboard a Venator- ​​​​​​class Star Destroyer 8 months ago. More specifically, Vice Admiral Rampart's Star Destroyer above Kamino.

"The entire galaxy believes Rampart's lies," Cade said. "even the Senate. It's not right."

Slip scratched his beard thoughtfully. "Well, there's nothing we can do about it. Let it go."

"How can I?" Cade asked. "Kamino was our home, and we destroyed it. All those cities, all those people, gone, because of what we did."

"We were following orders," Slip sighed. The same weight hung in his chest, but he couldn't focus on it.

"Oh, were we?" Cade challenged with a flushed face. "Then... then why is Rampart covering it up, huh?" He took a sip of his drink and wiped his mouth. "I'm sorry, Slip. I can't stay silent any longer."

Slip had the feeling his friend should quit with the drinks, but what he said caught him off guard. "Wait. What did you do?" He asked with narrowed eyes.

Cade picked at his gloves. "I sent a message to Rampart. Gave him the chance to tell the Senate the truth before I did it myself," he took a final swig of his drink and stood, leaving the bar.

Slip watched him in shock, quickly following after his comrade. Cade walked past the bar and into the streets of Coruscant. Slip followed until they came to an area speeders were parked.

"Cade! Cade, stop!" He took his friend by the shoulder and stepping in front of him. "You know what Rampart's capable of. It's too dangerous."

Cade looked at him. Under his hat, his eyes held pain. "Slip, we're not bad men, but what we did was wrong. Please, I need your help. Together we can–"

A blaster shot rang out in the night, piercing Cade's heart.

Slip ducked for cover, reaching for his blaster to shoot at the unseen attacker. His weapon was shot out of his hand, forcing him to hide. He crawled under the speeders to Cade's unmoving form where he pressed his fingers to his neck.

Dead, just as he suspected. He allowed himself a single second to mourn before grabbing his comrade's blaster and shooting in the attacker's direction.

He had to get out of there.

He glanced up at the speeder he crouched behind and got an idea. He powered it up, still firing sporadic shots at the unseen attacker as it moved towards the edge.

When it was about to hurdle into the traffic, Slip climbed on and steered it up, escaping into the flow of vehicles.

He adjusted his hat, seeing as it threatened to fly off his head. He needed to find someone, and quick.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Echo sat alone on the ship, listing to the quiet hum of the inner functions. It had taken some convincing to get everyone to go to sleep, especially Hunter, but now it was the ARC who sat alone. Hunter was known for his insomnia due to his enhanced senses and always volunteered for first watch.