4.A Girlfriend For Hire

Back in my dorm room, I eagerly resigned from my tutoring job.

  Then, I started searching on Google: "How to prevent scams".

  I scrolled and scrolled, but I couldn't find any scams that matched this one.

  I went back to the main screen and checked my balance again.

  Looking at the bank card in my hand, I suddenly realized: he didn't give me the password!

  I opened the guy's chat window.

  His WeChat moments were set to only show the past three days, his profile picture was completely black, and his username was blank.

  Staring at that void of a profile, I found myself in a dilemma again.

  I didn't know the guy's name.

  After much deliberation, I swallowed my pride and typed, "Hey, boyfriend."

  Half an hour later, he finally replied.

  "What"

  I replied in a flash.

  "Um... you didn't tell me the password for the bank card."

  Another half an hour passed before he sent a string of numbers.

  "001223"

  Immediately afterwards, he sent a four-second voice message filled with deafening music and loud chatter.

  "That's my birthday. Remember it, there will be quizzes."

  I typed out, "More than just remembering it, I'll carve it into my DNA."

  Thinking better of it, I deleted the message and replied with a simple "Got it", along with a cute cat emoji I hadn't used in ages.

  He didn't reply again.

  I decided to take a gamble and headed to the school's ATM in the dark.

  After confirming the 400,000 yuan balance, I finally returned to my dorm, satisfied.

  Time for a shower and then sleep.