AN ACCOUNT OF THE RIOT

The group entered Soubadock and stopped for the night. They found a stable house full of hay, so Groblar filled the wagon with it so the others could be released from the chains. Riglo fed the ox some carrots, patting its head.

"Look," he said to it. "I don't have any more carrots...and we need to use the money to get a room since we're supposed to be soldiers."

"Where did you get money?" Ciju asked.

"The guy who wore this before was loaded," Riglo grinned. "But I'd still rather have the map. Jojo's gonna strangle me if he finds out I lost it."

"Nah he won't," Ciju said. "He'll just make another copy with his fancy little toy. But I will strangle you if you ever insult my girl again."

"Easy Ciju," Riglo said. "Wait until we check over at the inn to see if she's here. You might need our help if you're going to rescue her."

They left for the inn as Ciju an
d Ty nestled down in the hay. They were both asleep within minutes and Vi gave a sigh.

"They probably haven't slept since they were put in the stocks."

The drummer gave a nod and she put on the cloak. She then saw he was looking at her and she blushed as he took her hand.

"Wow," she said. "You're right. We're finally...headed for freedom."

The drummer smiled and nodded. He then reached up and touched her face. Vi swallowed a bit but he pulled her towards him and kissed her. Vi sighed and kissed him back, letting him stroke her face. They were still carrying on when a lot of noise erupted outside the doors.

"Open the gates! Open the docks!"

"ORDER! No one leaves the city!"

"DOWN WITH THE MAYOR! OPEN THE DOCKS!"

Vi gasped and the drummer jumped into the wagon. He shook Ty and Ciju awake, but both of them were groaning.

"Oh come on. We're tired."

"We in those blocks for weeks."

"Wake up!" Vi cried. "There's a riot outside!"

They both yawned and sat up and heard the rioting. They finally snapped awake as Vi shook her head.

"We might not be safe in here," she said. "I'm not sure."

She looked at the drummer, who was peering through the gap under the stable door. The other three joined him there and saw Grumans with torches marching by.

"DOWN WITH THE MAYOR!"

"Let's burn down his house!"

"Yes! Burn it down! And free the prisoners!"

Ciju gave a gasp.

"Prisoners? Would that be...?"

He didn't wait for an answer, but grabbed a cloak from a hook on the wall. Ty also grabbed one and followed him. Vi tried to follow as well, but the drummer held her back and shook his head.

"But..."

"We'll be back," Ciju said. "We gotta see if our girls are in that house they're trying to burn down."