26| unspoken truth

Their dads discussed business, unaware of the strained atmosphere. Jisung and Minho sat side by side, yet worlds apart, their silence screaming louder than any words.

Jisung's eyes fixed on the documents before him, avoiding Minho's gaze. Minho's jaw clenched, his eyes drifting toward Jisung, only to quickly look away.

The tension between them was palpable, a living, breathing entity that threatened to suffocate them.

Mr. Han's words pulled Jisung back to reality, his lingering emotions from the confrontation with Minho still simmering beneath the surface.

"Jisung, do you remember the discussion we had months ago about the Malaysia business?" Mr. Han asked, his tone business-like.

Jisung nodded slowly, his voice barely above a whisper. "Yes, I do."

Mr. Han smiled, unaware of the turmoil brewing inside his son. "Good. I've made a plan, and as I said, you'll have to go there. I've decided to move forward with it now."

Mr. Han continued, "I've chosen someone to accompany you to Malaysia."

Jisung's heart skipped a beat, his eyes snapping back to his dad.

"Minho will go with you," Mr. Han announced, his expression expectant.

Jisung's face lost all color, his emotions in free fall. He couldn't describe how he felt - shock, dread, anxiety - all swirled together in a toxic mix.

Minho, standing across the room, watched Jisung's reaction, his own face a mask of indifference. But his eyes betrayed a flicker of emotion, a spark of uncertainty.

Jisung's voice caught in his throat. "D-dad, I..." He trailed off, unable to form coherent words.

Jisung's mind racing, he ventured a cautious objection. "D-dad, I don't think that's a good idea."

Mr. Han's stern expression halted Jisung's words. "What's wrong, Jisung? Minho is the best person for this task."

Jisung's thoughts swirled, desperate to conceal his secret. "I-I don't think he'd be available... I can handle it alone, dad."

Minho's piercing gaze locked onto Jisung, sensing his unease.

Mr. Han's curiosity piqued. "What makes you think Minho can't go?" He asked and turned to face minho if he had something to say about it too.

Minho began to respond, "I-" but Jisung interrupted.

"Dad, he has a wife and child to care for. I don't think he'd be able to join me."Jisung hoped to dissuade his dad, but Mr. Lee intervened.

"No need to worry. We've already discussed this, and your mom will help Sooyoung with Soo-in, minho. You don't have to worry about them. "

Jisung's anxiety spiked. Mr. Han beamed, oblivious to the tension.

Mr. Han nodded, his expression resolute. "Alright, it's settled then. You two will leave for Malaysia next Wednesday. The flight is at 9:00 AM, so be at the airport by 7:00 AM."

At almost midnight, Minho stood on the balcony, gazing up at the star-studded sky. His thoughts drifted to Jisung, a gentle hum in his mind.

Minho's fingers gripped the railing, his eyes tracing the constellations. He wondered what he could have if they rediscovered their friendship.

Minho's thoughts lingered on the balcony encounter, the same balcony he stood right now. Jisung's hidden emotions and the pain that lingered beneath.