Prologue

In a town where the woods held their secrets tight, whispers slithered through the air like smoke, wrapping around the hearts of those who dared to listen. Lila stood at the edge of the forest, her breath hitching as a voice—a soft, melodic call—echoed her name, beckoning her into the shadows.

At first, she dismissed it, attributing the sound to her imagination, but the whispers grew louder, weaving into her thoughts and dreams, promising untold mysteries just beyond the trees. The townspeople warned her of the dark tales that surrounded the forest—stories of lost souls and sinister forces—but Lila's curiosity outweighed her fear.

On the night of the Harvest Moon, driven by an unexplainable urge, she stepped closer to the treeline. The wind picked up, carrying the whispers to a crescendo, transforming them into a haunting chorus. Just as she felt herself being pulled deeper, the world around her shifted.

A shadow flitted between the trees, and the whispers sharpened, morphing into a dissonant chant. "You shouldn't be here," it hissed, just before the ground trembled beneath her feet.

Before she could process the words, the air crackled with energy, and the darkness surged forward, threatening to swallow her whole. Lila gasped, torn between fleeing and discovering what lay within the depths of the forest.

What awaited her in the shadows? Were the whispers a warning or an invitation? And as the darkness encroached, would she be brave enough to confront whatever stirred just beyond her vision, or would she become another lost soul, trapped in the whispers forever?