Kali Kaala Kalki

The battlefield of Kurukshetra welcomes the sight of the deceased and mortally wounded ferocious warriors of yesteryears . The air above transpires the foul smell of the flesh blood and dust admixed with smoke all around . The flames and the charred equally radiating the cosmic waves of mass destruction that they had been part of  throughout the barren area . The sound variably deafening echoing all across the universe as though this very source had been the only one existing in the whole of the universe . Goosebumps erupted within any living soul whoever has been closer to or has been the unfortunate one to have witnessed the ultimate sacrifice of humankind over this very land over the past few days . Amidst these hostile surroundings were a few souls fighting with their very own demons alongside the Lord himself .

The dark jet black armored chest absolutely unscathed and intact as though untouched by any weapon eerily hovered up and down as the owner of the same was engaged in deep contemplation despite the pain shearing down below the hip . The silence surrounding him depicting the abandoned end of this part of the battlefield , suddenly gave way to a few  footsteps seemingly known one to the resting soul . A smile tucked his lips immediately which turned into a smirk quickly as the new entrant dropped the news breaking the silence .

" They are finished !!! All of them . Each one of them . We have finished them all , mate . We are victorious , my friend . You have won at last , my friend !! " a tall , muscular , robust warrior clad in a shimmering brown armour reddened with blood splattered all over , face adorned with a gemstone over his forehead and a cruel smirk accentuating his intimidating persona , declared triumphantly.

" Finally !! I can rest in peace in now . Those bastards snatched away everything , literally my whole life so as to give this very moment , that I had dreamt of ever since they had set their foot on my soil . " the man resting on the battlefield proclaimed.

" We shall rejoice together now , mate . I will bring the best of physicians of the whole universe to treat your wounds and then you will be crowned the emperor of the land . " the soothing voice of the man kneeling beside his friend nearly betrayed his inner turmoil .

" Emperor ? nah . I won't be one . Neither can I make it until the next sunrise , Aswathama . However I have had enough of rejoicals throughout my life . It's time for you to celebrate the victory  with the rest , mate ." the fallen warrior advised .

" There's no victory without you , Suyodhana . There's no celebration without you raising the toast . " Aswathama broke down finally .

" I have lived upto my reputation ,  o son of Drona . I have fulfilled all my expectations in this lifetime . There's nothing to regret now . Suyodhana as my kins named me , I fought effortlessly  throughout life . Duryodhana as I rechristened myself , I am indisputable until my death takes over ." declared Duryodhana with a loud cheer as both friends had a light moment after days of struggle only to be disturbed by the timeless and the peerless one .

" Krishna!! Is that you ? " enquired the son of Gandhari .

" Who else would dare to gatecrash your party , brother Duryodhana ? " the scion of Dwarka questioned back in his usual ways .

" Party ? Ha . Should we say that , we somehow sabotaged your celebrations midway ? " Duryodhana laughed along with Aswathama who gave out a controlled snort .

" Your attempt was below the belt as always . Though I might say , it missed its mark despite rendering tremendous damage . " Krishna replied back to Duryodhana while looking at Aswathama's alarmed demeanor .

" What do you mean , Vasudeva ? I am the son of Drona and his disciple too . My arrows aren't weak enough to miss the mark . " an enraged Drauni retorted .