Chapter - 8 ( The Next Move )

Jasmine woke up feeling frustrated and trapped. She knew she had to think of a new plan to escape.

As she got dressed, she heard a knock on the door. It was Ariya, with a tray of breakfast.

"Good morning, Jasmine," Ariya said, her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "How are you today?"

Jasmine shrugged, taking the tray. "I'm fine. Just thinking of my next move."

Ariya smiled. "I'm sure you'll come up with something clever. You're a resourceful girl."

Jasmine smiled back, feeling a glimmer of hope. Maybe, just maybe, she could find a way out of this place.

But for now, she had to play along. She took a bite of her breakfast thinking of her next move.

Eating her breakfast, Jasmine asked Ariya, "I tried to escape last night, so why aren't you angry with me?"

Ariya's expression turned serious, but her voice remained gentle. "I'm not angry, Jasmine. I understand why you want to leave. But you have to understand, Rudransh won't let you go easily. He's... invested in you."

Jasmine's eyes narrowed. "What do you mean?"

Ariya hesitated, glancing around the room as if she feared being overheard. "Let's just say Rudransh has plans for you. And I'm not sure even i can help you escape."

Jasmine's heart sank, but she refused to give up. "I won't give up, Ariya. I'll find a way out, no matter what."

Ariya smiled, a hint of admiration in her eyes. "I know you will, Jasmine. And I'll... try to help you, in my own way."

With that, Ariya left the room, leaving Jasmine to wonder what she meant by "in my own way".

After eating her breakfast, Jasmine wandered into the library, seeking solace in her favorite book. But as she read, her mind kept drifting back to Ariya's words: "Rudransh is invested in you."

What did he want from her? She knew Victor's motives, but Rudransh's were a mystery. Though she knew Rudransh and Victor were different, trust was a luxury she couldn't afford with either of them.

Despite her reservations, a part of her felt that Rudransh wouldn't hurt her. But what did he want? His motives remained. elusive, frustrating her.

Jasmine slammed the book shut and laid her head on the table, her thoughts swirling in circles. She couldn't concentrate, couldn't escape the questions plaguing her mind.

Why was Rudransh so interested in her? What did he hope to gain?

The more she thought about it, the more her head spun. With a sigh, she closed her eyes, hoping to clear her mind, but the questions lingered, refusing to let her go.

Jasmine was lost in her thoughts, oblivious to her surroundings until a voice broke the silence-

"What happened?"

She opened her eyes to find Rudransh sitting in front of her, his eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"Why should I tell you what happened?" Jasmine retorted, lifting her head from the table and sitting back in her chair.

"You're not going to answer any of my questions, and it's not my habit to hit my head against the wall. So, you can leave."

Rudransh smirked, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "I'm not going anywhere, Dollface. And I might answer your questions... ..if you ask nicely."

Jasmine raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "I doubt it."

Rudransh chuckled, his smile disarming. "You'd be surprised what I might do... for you."

The air seemed to vibrate with tension as they locked eyes, Jasmine's heart racing with anticipation. What did Rudransh want from her?

"OK, Fine," Jasmine said, her eyes narrowing. "If you're willing to give me an answer, you know what my question is?"

Rudransh leaned forward, his eyes locked on hers. "I think I do."

"What do you want from me?" Jasmine demanded, her voice firm.

"Why did you save me? Why are you protecting me? And tell me the truth, because I'm not stupid enough to think you're just protecting a girl out of the goodness of your heart. I Know you have a motive for that protection. So, tell me. What do YOU WANT?"

Rudransh's smile faltered, and for a moment, Jasmine saw a glimmer of something else in his eyes. Something intense, Something raw.

"I want..." he began, his voice low and husky. "I want to Keep you safe, Dollface. I want to protect you from those who would harm you."

Jasmine snorted. "That's not an answer. What do you get out of it? What's in it for you?"

Rudransh's eyes seemed to bore into hers, as if searching for something. Then, in a voice barely above a whisper, he Said, "I'll tell you, Dollface. But you have to promise me one thing."

"What's that?" Jasmine asked, her heart racing with anticipation.

"You have to promise me you'll listen to the truth, no matter how hard it is to hear."

Jasmine hesitated, unsure of what she was getting herself into. But her need for an answer won out. "I promise," She said, her voice firm. "I'll listen."

Rudransh nodded, his eyes glinting with a fierce intensity. "Good", he said. "Because once you know the truth, there's no going back."

__________________⭐_________________

Hello dear readers!

The suspense is building up! What do you think Rudransh will tell Jasmine?

Share your predictions and thoughts in the comments below!

Vote and share.

Next chapter coming soon!

⭐🙏⭐