Silent Echoes of Goodbye

"I knew you’d be the first to try and stop me." She said hesitantly..

"The way you think of me with such intensity, I had to show up." He smiled and replied.

And then their converstaion began in such way...

"I fear bold claims, but you're right this time."

"If you know that much, then you must also understand what you're about to do."

"What should I do now? You always said I failed to understand things. So figure it out now."

"Innocence doesn’t usually cause such damage."

"Are you the one saying that?"

"Why punish yourself for my mistakes?"

"No one suffers for another’s wrongs. The Almighty is merciful. Whatever is happening, it's the consequence of my own actions."

"I disagree."

"You always have. You've even begun to disagree with love itself."

"I had no choice."

"Ahh! It's these very choices that destroy us. But you must be at peace now. But for me, my peace is lost. Let me search for it."

"What will you gain?"

"Peace! Is there anything more valuable than that?"

She explained as she walked along the empty road, though he, as always, interrupted, still stuck in his usual circle of disagreement. The silence of the street was broken only by their conversation. It was clear neither of them was going to budge from their stance, but the struggle continued on both sides.

"You’ve worsened your own torment, Mahira."

"What could I do? There was no way to lessen it. I couldn’t just forget, could I?"

"You could have forgotten. What harm would there have been?"

"And you really think now is the time for me to explain everything to you? That time has passed. There's nothing left now."

"That’s what you believe. How much pain did I cause you? All the things I said, the hurt I inflicted. I can’t even forgive myself for it, but believe me, I never wanted to hurt you."

"You’re right. You’ve been right about everything. So why are you here now?"

"I want to stop you."

"It’s too late. I’ve done too much wrong. There’s no forgiveness left."

"You’ve only wronged yourself. If you can punish yourself, you can also forgive yourself."

"It’s not that simple."

"I can’t stand seeing you like this."

"Why?"

"I should’ve stayed by your side."

"You think that would have been the right decision? But believe me...I don't feel the same. Whether you're here or not, you've always been the same. It wasn’t your fault. It was my hopes that soared too high, expecting from you what was never in your nature."

"You never truly understood me anyway." He sarcastically smiled.

"Why do you make a joke out of everything? I took your words as if carved in stone, pushing everyone away just to keep you close. I couldn’t hear a single word against you. Your excuses seemed like logic, your constraints like reality. I mistook your words for emotions. But I forgot… you were only a master of words, and I was just a fool."

"I never did a single thing for you!!?"

"Then do me another favor: leave."

"You end relationships just like that?!!"

"You were the only one whose presence and absence both felt like a wound."

"And what else hurts?!"

"YOUR MERE EXISTENCE DOES!!!!!"

She had tried so hard to hold it all together, but now her strength was gone. A single tear fell from her eye, and as she wiped it, more followed. She stopped, sinking to the ground, burying her face in her arms, and finally let out a cry.

"Why do you hurt me so much?!! Why won’t you let me have peace?!! Why give me beautiful memories when I had no right to them?!! Why scar me with painful moments I can never forget?!!" She continued...
"You taught me to trust you so completely that now I doubt even my own. Why did you paralyze me mentally? Why strip me of my peace?

"Do you think this is what I wanted? I told you everything."

"Fear God! Sometimes I wonder if you’re even human at all."

She wiped her eyes, stood up, and began walking again.

"You’re right." He whispered.

"Live a happy life, be wildly successful. But I hope you never hurt anyone the way you’ve constantly hurt me." She smiled with pain...

"I did everything I could. Now, do whatever you want." He said it arrogantly...

She stopped, her breath catching as if reliving the familiar pain of him leaving all over again. She wanted to scream, to cry out, but she knew he was already gone. He had said his final words. She wished someone would stop her, but no one was there. Maybe she would have stayed, but she kept walking, the weight of finality pushing her forward.

She always felt the same torment every time he spoke of leaving. She wanted to scream, to cry out in anguish. She wished desperately that he would stop her. But he had already spoken his final words. He had given up on her.

She turned, trembling with fear, hoping someone would be there, but there was no one standing in her way.
Maybe she would have stayed, but instead, she kept walking. The silence wrapped around her, and she walked on alone. Her eyes fixed on the empty road beneath her, tears streaming down her face. Every now and then, she paused, as if a new thought had crept into her mind, urging her to change her course. But then, just as suddenly, she would start walking again, as if battling the indecision within her...