Hurt: Part Two

Mariah P.O.V.

"Legacy, its time for you to get up and shower. We have school." I lightly shook him from his slumber. He groaned and pushed my hand away.

"Chill, I'm up." he's been pissy since they released him from the hospital two days ago. I have to put up with this shit cause he doesn't wanna go home.

"Well get up, I'm not tryna be late again cause you wanna have a funky ass attitude." I said.

He huffed and rolled his eyes. "Man, watch out." he said, sucking his teeth.

My fists clenched as I walked to the bathroom to help him. Being that he had stitches, he had to take baths instead of shower, but has to be careful. I also had to change his bandages twice a day. It's frustrating, and I get that he's technically hurt because of me, but taking the frustration out on me isn't helping any.

I reached to help pull his shirt over his head when his loud voice sounded in the quiet bathroom. "Mariah I got it, damn!"

As long as you know me, ya know I don't let nobody get under my skin, but I've changed over the past couple months being here. Tears of anger burned in my eyes and I turned to leave.

I hope one of them muhfuckin stitches pop.

Because I wanted to be petty, I left his ass home and took Khalil with me to McDonald's for breakfast before dropping him off to daycare and heading to school. He can find his own way or stay home.

"Hey, Riah." I looked up to see Sin. A smile crept on my face.

"Hey, Sin. How you been?"

"I been coolin', nun much. I miss you."

"I miss you too Sin. I'm just caught up in all this shit going on."

He took a deep breath and shook his head. "I know whatcha mean. Dis shit got a nigga stressing too."

It was quiet for a while before he spoke again. "You know, I never thought we'd ever be here."

"Whatchu mean Sin?"

"In all this shit. I know both our pops were locked up, but I know they wouldn't have wanted this for us if they wasn't."

He was right. My dad still doesn't want me to complete this mission but I promised that to myself a long time ago that this would be my last one. 

"I know." I mumbled.

"Mariah... I'm happy for you. Happy that you found someone other than me you could actually fuck with. I just don't want to see you get hurt."

"I know you don't, but ion think he's like that. He actually loves me. I just want y'all two to squash this beef shit y'all got ova me. Its old news Sin."

He huffed. "Ya right. I'a talk ta him latta." I nodded my head.

Just when the bell rang for first period, Legacy walked through the door and made immediate eye contact with me. Before I could even say anything to him Valencia walked up and kissed him on the lips and whispered in his ear.

"I know the fuck not." I mumbled to myself.

..................................

Legacy P.O.V.

After calling twin to come pick me up cause Mariah left my ass home, the ride to school was awkward as fuck.

"Wassup nigga?" I waited for a response but never got one.

"The fuck wrong wit you?" I asked.

"I should be askin' you that, nigga." he mumbled under his breath.