Chapter 07: Saving a Croc (Part 1)

[Clock - 11:00 | 11:00 AM]
[Calendar - 12/01/2003]
[Location - Arkham Asylum - Gotham City, New Jersey]
----

POV Change
Atlas

'Okay.' Stretching his fingers and sighing softly- he has planned this for a literal week, he has failed many times on how to properly channel his energy through an outside medium without damaging the poor little rat, specially the highly dangerous acid that deals maximum damage to structures of stone, wood, and any other organic structural materials. He has learned with his failures, especially considering the fact that he has melted many things with acid, and he has learned how to combine two cantrips to empower them as they act in conjuction as well- [Prestidigitation] and [Mending] being cast together make it easier to clean something and repair it at the same time! 'C'mon...' With a pluck from his magical reserves, he began the ritual for the spell [Find Familiar], a basic but essential spell. The small summoning circle that he created on the backend of this alleyway, hidden behind a bunch of illusory boxes created with the spell [Silent Image] and the [Minor Illusion] cantrip. 'Here we go.' Casting spells in a ritualistic way (in Dungeons and Dragons) is a way to not waste spell slots when casting a spell, but in the world of DC, a ritual is just a way to channel your power.

This ritual used the magic of the world around him with his own to guide it towards what he wanted to do, and it took about a minute or so before he had managed to summon a fat black rat. "...beautiful." Hugging the surprisingly clean black fat rat (he wa summoned from another world, of course he's clean!), Atlas smiled as he held his big girl- it was a girl because of the rather obvious lack of big fat nuts that male rats normally have. His plan was simple: He was going to sent in Miss Girl Lady Woman and he's going to look through her eyes as she walks around the corridors of Arkham Asylum, so that way he can learn exactly where Waylon was. He has spent an entire week working hard to learn a lot of useful spells to help him rescue Waylon, and amongst them there were Illusion to confuse others, Conjuration to create distractions, and even Evocation spells just in case he needs to fight.

He knows that Waylon was put back into Arkham Asylum by Batman, and that he monitors the fuck out of it- he's Batman, and unless its for plot reasons, he is going to be a paranoid furry -and would certainly know if he came rolling in and asking to see Waylon. Instead, however, Atlas decided to go on the rescue route and planned for a week on how to break Waylon out of Arkham Asylum and only Waylon (he doesn't want Batman in his ass about it!) and he came up with a few things, but the main plan is simple: He sends in an inconspicuous animal (his new beloved rat, Miss Girl Lady Woman) that is his familiar, the animal goes around the facility and finds Waylon's cell, he waits until its dark and uses [Destroy Wall] - a cantrip that makes him able to, as the name suggests, destroy walls in about a 5 feet by 5 feet by 5 feet diameter. With this, he can get inside the Arkham and get close to Waylon so he can send in Miss Girl Lady Woman so he can have visual of where he is... Then if he is higher than the ground level he can get up there with a [Levitate] spell and break him out! Of course, he has also prepared himself for the cameras that are certainly going to be around, which is why he has learned the [On/Off] cantrip, to turn those cameras off whenever.

'Need to be prepared for whatever...' To be sure, he also learned a single spell from the Abjuration school of magic, and that spell was the [Mage Armor] spell, just in case. "You ready Baytor? I'm going under- remember, I'll be blind and deaf while doing this, so if it's an emergency, tap my shoulder twice and I'll come back." Atlas trusted Baytor to protect him while he is sharing his own senses with Miss Girl Lady Woman- and if not able to protect him, then at least warn him of danger! He had a few things to protect himself, mainly Evocation spells that can pack quite the punch and might kill his assailants, but who cares really? If someone is ready to attack a guy with no legs in a wheelchair, then they better be ready to get acid to the face, he hasn't learned the [Acid Stream] spell for nothing!