Chapter 09: Saving a Croc (Part 3)

[Clock - 01:13 | 01:13 AM]
[Calendar - 13/01/2003]
[Location - Arkham Asylum - Gotham City, New Jersey]

---
POV Change
Atlas

'Quick.' Was all Atlas could think of- His first thought was to see if there was a way to unlock the chains holding Waylon's arms up high, but he quickly dismissed such idea when he heard the alarm of the building blast. 'Shit.' He quickly moved his fingers and casted [Fire Bolt], [Acidic Bolt], [Acid Splash] and [Acidic Blast] in quick succession at the four deactivated cameras in the four corners of the room. The acid formed by the [Acid Splash] cantrip split up in three different spheres, one of the solidifying into this small green crystalline dart that shot out towards a camera before the other two hit two different cameras, with the last one being blasted by a bolt of flames. He got rid of the cameras first because he knew damn well Batman would investigate this shit, in fact, he must be getting the alert right now! 'Quick!' Looking at the two chains, he decided to go big or go home! "Sorry if this ends up hurting you, Waylon!" The acid from the ground and on the cameras flew out into his hand, forming this pea sized green dot that floated between his two palms facing each other, and he aimed-

"[Waylon Jones (Confused, Surprised, Concerned): Wait, what-?]"

-and a beam of acid shot out of his hands, 5 feet thick and wide, and 30 feet long. He aimed the beam so as to not splash as much of it on Waylon, and thankfully his aim was not far off. Although a little bit of acid had splashed on his left arm (Atlas aimed for the left chain), the majority of the acid was corroding and breaking the chain apart, but not fast enough! Repeatedly, he used [Acidic Blast] against the chain, and sure enough, it melted faster. "Sorry, sorry- I promise I'll try to learn how to heal, I'm sure I can." Apologizing, Atlas repeated the process with the right chain, castin [Acid Stream] once more and this time aiming properly and making 90% of the acid splash on the chain and not on Waylon's body, although some of it still slid down the chain and touched his scaly hand. "I should've learned some sort of metal melting spell, fuck." In total, it took him about 2 and a half minutes to get Waylon free, and to his anxious self, that was an eternity.

All the time he was breaking the chains, Waylon was saying something, but Atlas was too focused on his task at hand that he ignored him and instead focused on what to do next. They were about 67 to 70 feet up in the air- thankfully he has learned [Feather Fall] for this exact occasion or occasions similar to this one. "Okay, I think if we jump now I can cast [Feather Fall] and make us fall slower and glide down to the wall, unless you wanna go high up to the floor then we can jump and maybe glide over the wall and into the sea where we can-" Atlas' head snapped back to look at Waylon when he heard the chains snap off, and with a heavy and animalistic grunt, Waylon was free from his containment.

There was a joke there about a crocodile in a containment facility that also involved acid and escaping said facility, but Atlas wasn't sure it applied here. 

"[Waylon Jones (Surprised, Confused): Wait, you're here... why are you here? Do you know where we even are- kid, you need to leave before the fucking Bat gets here-]" Waylon closed his jaws shut when Atlas turned around to look at him with a grin, lifting up the black leather jacket that he had given him a week ago before he left the hideous hideout that they were setting roots in to start that ridiculous idea of a kingdom that somehow, for some reason, was very important to him. "[Waylon Jones (Confused): My jacket? You came all the way here to give me my jacket... no, why did you come here? To save me? Well, I could've escaped literally any time I wanted to so I guess thank you?]"

"Well, Mr. King Croc Big Man Sir, you made a promise you didn't keep." Atlas looked down- security was starting to gather up faster and faster: "-so I had to come here and get you. You're literally the only person I know in this god forsaken, devil loved- no, scratch that, Lucifer doesn't like Gotham at all or else he'd have a club here or something -cursed fucking city, so you better step your game up because I came here to save you. So, which way? Up or down?" His two hands shot out in different directions, one up and the other down, while he looked down at the crowd of guards- seriously, who would even work in this place? Just being here and he can feel the heavy magical aura of this insane asylum, and it is changing his behavior a bit, seen by the way he is acting more anxious.