Breaking point

The tension between Y/N and Max had reached its breaking point. It was as if an invisible wall now stood between them, built from mistrust, uncertainty, and the weight of unanswered questions. Though Y/N wanted to believe in Max, the accusations and the evidence Laura had provided still gnawed at her. It was all-consuming, eating away at the foundation of their friendship—and perhaps something more.

Y/N had retreated to her own room that night, pacing restlessly, unable to sleep. The weight of the situation pressed down on her chest, making it hard to breathe. She had always prided herself on her resilience, but this… this was different. It wasn’t just the pressure of MotoGP, the fight against Laura, or even the looming legal battles. It was the betrayal—or the potential of it—from someone she had trusted with her life.

She stood by the window, staring out at the city lights below, her thoughts a tangled mess. The sound of her phone buzzing snapped her out of her haze. It was another message from Fabio, checking in, offering support. Over the past few days, he had become her rock—reliable, understanding, always willing to listen. She hadn’t told him the full extent of what Laura had revealed, only that things with Max were strained. Fabio, sensing her emotional turmoil, had stepped up in ways she hadn’t expected.

Fabio: You okay? I’m here if you need to talk.

Y/N stared at the message for a moment, the comfort of Fabio’s concern washing over her. She hesitated, her thumb hovering over the keyboard, unsure if she should respond. She knew she could talk to him—he had proven time and again that he had her back—but could she truly confide in him about everything?

A knock on the door startled her. She turned, her heart skipping a beat, half expecting it to be Max, hoping for another confrontation, another attempt to salvage what was left of their trust.

But when she opened the door, it wasn’t Max standing there.

It was Fabio.

He leaned against the doorframe, a soft smile on his face, but concern evident in his eyes. “I figured you’d need someone to talk to,” he said gently, stepping inside when she moved aside.

Y/N sighed, closing the door behind him. “I don’t know what to do, Fabio. Everything’s falling apart. I feel like I’m losing my mind.”

Fabio turned to face her, his expression serious. “You’re not losing your mind, Y/N. You’re just in a situation where everything’s been turned upside down. But you’re strong—you’ve got this.”

Y/N swallowed hard, her throat tight with emotion. “I don’t feel strong right now. I feel like I can’t trust anyone. Not even Max.”

Fabio nodded, his eyes softening. “I get that. But you’ve got to remember that Laura’s a master manipulator. She knows exactly how to get under your skin, how to make you doubt everything. Don’t let her win.”

Y/N sat down on the edge of the bed, her head in her hands. “What if she’s right? What if Max really has been working with her?”

Fabio moved closer, kneeling in front of her, his voice steady and reassuring. “I don’t believe that for a second. Max wouldn’t do that. He’s been loyal to you from the start.”

Y/N looked up, meeting his eyes, her heart aching with the weight of her doubt. “But what if you’re wrong? What if I’ve been blind this whole time?”

Fabio reached out, gently taking her hands in his. “You’re not blind. You’re cautious, and you’re right to be, given everything that’s happened. But I know Max, and I know you. You wouldn’t have kept him so close if there wasn’t a reason to trust him.”