The start of everything

I'm at my dad's house right now. I just turned 18, and my father wanted me to live with him so he could help me with everything I need for college. When I walked into his house, I felt safe and comfortable. To be honest, my dad's house is cozy. While I was walking through the living room, I noticed a picture of a young boy. "He's cute," I whispered. Then, I saw another picture, this time of a man in his twenties. "He's kinda cute," I whispered again. I started wondering who he was. Why were his pictures in my dad's house? Is he my cousin? So many questions popped into my head. I wanted to ask my dad about the boy in the picture. Just as I was about to ask, he suddenly called me.

"Sweetie, do you want to see your room?"

When he said that, I felt like I was floating. It was the first time I'd ever heard him call me "sweetie."

"Yes, sure," I answered casually, trying to act like nothing happened. But little did he know, when I went upstairs, I could barely feel my feet, and my knees were shaking. I was so happy. My dream had finally come true: to be in my dad's house and to hear him call me "sweetie." When I was younger, I used to wonder what it would feel like to have him call me that. Sometimes, I even felt jealous of my classmates whenever their dads showed up at school events. But now, I was just so happy.

I was lying in bed when I heard my dad talking to someone in the living room. Suddenly, he started yelling. He sounded angry, and I could hear things being thrown around. I wanted to go downstairs, but then I heard another voice-one that didn't belong to my dad.

I decided to peek a little to see who my dad was talking to. When I peeked through my bedroom door, I saw the boy from the picture I had noticed earlier. He looked so angry at my dad. I wondered why he was so mad at him. I felt the urge to step out of my room to protect my dad. I also wanted to know why this boy was so upset with him.

As I was going downstairs, I had five more steps to go when I suddenly screamed. Both of them looked at me.

"Hey!! Who are you?! Why are you mad at my dad?!"

My knees were shaking. I was scared. The boy's face looked wild, like a werewolf, and I felt like a helpless rabbit he wanted to devour. His cold stare made me even more nervous, but I tried to act cool. I cleared my throat, "Ahem... ahem," hoping to scare him a little.

When I stood by my dad's side, he looked at me, worried.

"Sweetie, go back to your room."

I didn't understand why he wanted me to go back. I was just trying to protect him from this angry boy.

"But dad... I'm just trying to protect you from this mad boy."

When I said that, the boy grinned a little, and I could see it. It made my blood boil. How could he grin like that-he looked like a devil. He started talking to my dad, still smiling like a devil.

So, this is the girl," he said.

What girl? What was he talking about? Did he think I was my dad's girlfriend? God. I opened my mouth to say something, but he interrupted me, and what he said next made my whole body tremble. I couldn't feel my knees, and I thought I might pass out. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. When I looked at my dad's face, he seemed just as shocked as I was.

"So, this is my stepsister, huh? She's cool."

Sister? I couldn't think straight. What was he talking about? I was my dad's only child.

"I'm not mad at you anymore, dad. She's a cool half-sister."

My dad's face was filled with shock, and he started tearing up as he apologized to me. I was so angry at him. I had no idea I had a half-brother, but I forgave him and held his hand.

"Dad, it's alright. It's not a big deal. I just don't understand why you lied to me, but that doesn't matter anymore because now I know the truth." He hugged me tightly, and I hugged him back. I noticed the boy's face looked sad.

"Come here, boy," I called out to him, but he just grinned at me and started walking away. As he walked, he said,

"Don't call me 'boy,' call me Liam. I'm older than you, so show some respect."

Ugh, that guy is such a jerk. I don't care if he's older than me. Bleh.

Im in my roomlaying in my bed I still can't process what just happened. its my first day in my dad's house and this is what happend but that's alright I should think my school because next week my school started.

                           *********
It's Monday, 5:30 in the morning, and my school starts at 7:30. My dad's at work, and I hate school because I have to wake up early every day, and I really don’t like it. I’m cooking some eggs – I love scrambled eggs more than sunny side up because I can’t stand the taste of egg yolks. It’s already 7:00, and I’m glad because I’m not going to be late on my first day of school.

I’m wearing a long white skirt and a fitted white shirt, paired with white sandals. I’m a little nervous because it’s a new school, and I’m no longer in high school. I’m now a first-year college student, and it’s hard to believe. Even though I’m not particularly smart, I managed to get into college—and not just any college, but the best university in town.

I’ve heard from my friends that some students at Brixton University are children of actors and businessmen. I’m just going to walk to school because it’s only five minutes away, and I can’t drive.

As I approach the school gates, I see how huge they are. The students here arrive in fancy cars with their drivers. Some even have Lamborghinis, and the girls here are dressed like they’re going to a club. Meanwhile, I’m just here in my simple long skirt. I feel a bit bad for my dad because I know this university is expensive. He’s doing his best to be a good dad, and I’m fine even if I had gone to a more affordable school—as long as I graduate.

Now, I’m in my classroom, and I can already tell that no one wants to sit beside me. The girls in my class are sexy and spoiled, and the guys are just plain annoying.